"Nassau Bahamas All Inclusive Junkanoo Native Party Show"

Sheran

I will post something about it if we decide to book it. There hasn't been any responses....so I'm wandering if we should do it or not.

I will let you know mid-July if we tried it.

Has anyone ever done this....I just ran across it and it sounds interesting.

The website is:

http://www.nassauexcursions.biz/excursions/BahamasAllInclusiveJunkanooPartyShowSandersBeach.html

When we were on Princess..a couple of years ago, we took the Tour of the Island..while others enjoyed Princess Cays. We live in florida..and have already been exposed to too much sun.

So the tour Elutheria Island..which was new was pricey....$100 a pop..but it lasted all day, included lunch..and from the moment we stepped on the new airconditioned bus....they kept us busy. The Junkaroo is a big Christmas..New Years Eve parade and celebration.All of the little townships compete in building floats..costumes..and winner lord it over the other villages for the rest of the year.

We saw some dances..some costumes..we ate lunch in a clean restaurant...we learned how to weave straw ( some learned..I was a problem student)

IT WAS PROBABLY ONE OF THE BEST TOURS I HAVE EVER BEEN ON. BUT THIS WAS NOT IN NASSAU..IT WAS ONE OF THE OUTER ISLAND..EUTHERIA. SO BEAUTIFUL CLEAN. PARADISE.

When we did a "land vacation" in the Bahamas, we attended the Junkaroo Festival. It was amazing. The costume were unbelievable and the food was great. We danced in the streets with the bands. It was one of the highlights of our trip.

Have you asked on the Nassau boards? I would bet Scubagrrl has some insight.

I took your suggestion and asked on the Nassau boards and of course Scubagirl answered with some great info. Here is her reply:

"It's pretty new.. we don't get any feedback here as well.

Club Luna is a niteclub. Apparently a group of entrepreneurs rent the space and 1 of the lounges for this excursion.. so it would be up to the group that you are with to make the FUN Factor.

they also have a Junkanoo Rush.. which is a small faction of one of the musical groups that perform.. this is kinda kool in and of itself.. but you can sometimes see this for free around town. (I know atlantis has it at Sat nite at the marina village).

As far as sanders beach is concerned.. the beach was just constructed.. it's on the highway at a busy roundabout. for me.. i'd never recommend this beach just because of that. but it's white sand beach with a restroom.. across the street from a gas station.

If youre a big group of people who can make your own fun.. I'd say it''s fine.. if it' ends up being 12 people in a club lounge ... don't think I'd bother.. I don't think there is any way of knowing whether or not you will have a good time.. since the "good time" comes from the people who will be on the tour.

Hope this makes sense."

Archived