Making my own drinks

I've read on one of the posting about a blender that CC members take with them on their cruise but I can't seem to find the post. Can someone please tell me where I can purchase one at and how much it cost? 29 days and counting:p

As an alternative to the blender, you might try a martini shaker. It makes great rocky margaritas, pina coladas, etc., and doesn't take up much space. Plus, its a lot easier to clean in that little sink and think of that great exercise you get. :cool:

You can do a google on "travel blenders", most of them are hand cranks... we used to have a portable "travel" type blender for camping, but it never worked great, and was more time consuming in my opinion... good luck!

I've read on one of the posting about a blender that CC members take with them on their cruise but I can't seem to find the post. Can someone please tell me where I can purchase one at and how much it cost? 29 days and counting:p

I think you may be referring to an old ongoing joke. A long, long time ago, there was a post from someone who was an EXTREME penny-pincher. The jokes started flying after that. All throughout these threads you can find posts about people bringing blenders so they don't have to pay for drinks (jokingly though), and to take it one step further, crockpots so they can cook in their rooms to save on food expenses!

I don't know if I explained that entirely correctly, but I'm sure some of the more seasoned cruise veterans can attest to the accurate history of the blender.

Actually, there are people that REALLY do take blenders on a cruise... there have been several real threads about it... complete with pics and suggestions... Always seems like too much trouble to me :D

OK but I'm not going crazy (crazier) here, right? There have been ongoing jokes about this forever (haven't there?).:confused:

There have probably been more crockpot jokes, but yes, people joke about blenders, fishing poles, grills, etc... :D

There have probably been more crockpot jokes, but yes, people joke about blenders, fishing poles, grills, etc... :D

I never joke about something as serious as a blender. But you're right, nobody brings fishing poles along...

Wish I had found a way to get a picture of the crew fishing from the Empress deck of the Holiday - no joke... :eek:

l18nZmNlW3cVw7DzPfQg2fUh8NsPiuXq0300.jpg

Archived