TA giving me RES. # conflicts with RCL site?

Has anyone else had this problem?

My TA gave me the reservation number for our 9-24-05 sailing and i was trying to books oem excursions online and keep getting this error message:

The number you have entered does not match with your ship and sail dates

I have emailed the TA twice, once asking if the number was correct and the second time to let her know it still was not working. She has yet to get me a valid number and she keeps saying that the number is correct.

Could it be that these reservations are too new to show up? I made them one week ago...

WOW, you are a very forgiving person! :) She booked you on the WRONG DATE and you are just going with the flow? I still think I would let her know that she booked the wrong date, even if the alternate date is okay. That's not a mistake a TA should be making.

Enjoy your cruise!:)

I'm having the same problem. My number is a 7 digit #. I've been trying to sign up for our meet and mingle and it keeps refusing it. I've checked all of our correspondence from Orbitz and it's the same number throughout.

Guess I'll have to call RCI and see what they have to say. Definitely hope it's not the same situation, that they booked us on a different date as some of us can only go when we were scheduled.

Nice to be so flexible, what a great attitude!! But for some people that could have been a serious problem. Always ask your TA to doublecheck all reservations and send you all pertinent info. They should do it anyway, but insist on it!

mercedesmom, if Orbitz has you as part of their group booking (not necessarily yours) it is possible that your confirmation number would change. But definitely check with RCI asap. Good luck and hope your situation is better than the OP's! :)

Cathy

I have used different travel agencies. A couple of them will give you a seven digit number from their system not RCI. I had a booking # for the Travel agent to get information from them and a reservation # for RCI to book excursions etc.

OK - She actually booked us on a different cruise - two weeks earlier than what we wanted. SO - I guess we out wires crossed but you know what? I say LETS GO TWO WEEKS SOONER!!

You are incredibly understanding. I'm glad you are able to be so flexible. Have a wonderful cruise! :)

I'm having the same problem. My number is a 7 digit #. I've been trying to sign up for our meet and mingle and it keeps refusing it. I've checked all of our correspondence from Orbitz and it's the same number throughout.

Guess I'll have to call RCI and see what they have to say. Definitely hope it's not the same situation, that they booked us on a different date as some of us can only go when we were scheduled.

Perhaps, as above posters said, you have a booking number with Orbitz and a differnt RCI reservation number. Try calling RCI to verify your reservation. Good luck. Please check back in and let us know how everthing works out.

Have you tried to use your booking number for the online documentation? Is it the same problem as with M&M?

How long is your cruise and how far in advance is it?

I think the M&M is only on cruises 7-nights or longer and not sure how far in advance you can register.

Mercedesmom, Last cruise that I booked with Orbitz my # didn't work either. I called them and found out that there is an Orbitz # and a RCI #, I didn't have the RCI # until I asked them for it. Give them a call and ask them for your RCI booking #.

Archived