New Cruiser

Lt.Dan

My Family and I are set to cruise on the Glory the 18th of June. 20 of us total. We usally take a week beach trip to Florida each year. We decided to try something new this year. This will be our first cruise except for my sister and her husband. They are the ones who talked all of us into taking a cruise. They said " It will be a vacation of a lifetime". We are all very excited and cant wait. I've read alot of mixed reviews about the Glory, some good and some bad. But we are going to make this a great vacation. I've learned alot from reading the posts on this forum , and thanks all for the info....

Lt.Dan

Congrats and my condolences.

Congrats on your first cruise. Hope you have wonderful weather and a great cruise.

Condolences on the fact that once you start cruising, you'll be hooked and ready for the next one. :D

Have a great vacation.

Welcome to Cruise Critic Lt. Dan!!

We're happy to have a new member to our addiction...which will soon be yours as well...you'll see :D

The Eagles said it so welll,

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

Lt. Dan, you picked a very nice ship to start out with. We sailed on the Glory in April. We had an excellent table in the Platinum dining room, center aft, right near a huge window. I'm not sure if it's the ship or the itinerary (Western Carribean, sailing at higher speeds to make all the ports on time...) but we could feel the ship rock constantly, especially in the dining room. A couple of nights it was so bad the water in the pools would slosh over the sides in waves. Thank goodness the infirmary has free sea-sickness med.:eek:

Congrats and my condolences.

Congrats on your first cruise. Hope you have wonderful weather and a great cruise.

Condolences on the fact that once you start cruising, you'll be hooked and ready for the next one. :D

Have a great vacation.

I will attest to that!!! We just got off another cruise 2 weeks ago.. It was our 6th cruise in less than 4 years!!!.. Its only May and we've done 2- 1 week cruises already.. If I was able to take more time off work we would take more cruises than we do.. Im so jealous of my boyfriend.. he gets 35 days vacation a year!! I only get 13.. so we have to work around my schedule... My kids are addicted to cruising already too!! Im having to make them go to Disneyworld next year for our family vacation because they really want to go on another cruise.. I promised them after this trip to Disney then we will cruise for our family vacations in future..

Hi welcome to the wonderful world of cruising. Not sure if I am reading you name right - but if you are either a past or present member of the US Armed Forces Carnival offers a wonderul discount.

The past military rule only took place in March 2005.

So - if you are eligible for the discount and have not got it you - go for it.

Alice:D

My kids are addicted to cruising already too!! Im having to make them go to Disneyworld next year for our family vacation because they really want to go on another cruise.. I promised them after this trip to Disney then we will cruise for our family vacations in future..

We are all addicted to cruising here as well! My DS (7 1/2) was listening to his walkman yesterday and started crying.....it was music he listened to on his last cruise a couple of weeks ago and missed cruising so much he was crying! BOY do I KNOW that feeling!!! :eek:

A cruise is a fabulous way to vacation! And as you have heard and will continue to hear around here...is VERY addicting!

You will always see some negative things about the cruiseline/ship that you are sailing but I am certain that there are a multitude of wonderful things said for each negative. Focus on the positive, have a good attitude and you will enjoy! :)

Thanks for all the replys, I'm really looking forward to the cruise now. I'm glad to hear that the Glory is a nice ship.. My wife and I will be celebrating our 23rd wedding anniversary the week of the cruise, my birthday as well as my sons is also that week. She has wanted to take a cruise for as long as I can remember. We can't wait. I will let everyone know the cruise details when we return, well , most of the details.

Thanks again,

Lt. Dan

• 3 weeks later...

My husband never wanted to go on a cruise and we went a year ago with 2 other families. We are booked on our 2nd cruise for our 20th anniv in October. We are hooked! The part my hubby likes best is the food. Definitely ask for 2 entrees at dinner. Try new foods, if you don't like it get something else. It is all paid for! What a great bargain!! Have fun and enjoy the ride!!!!:D

I went on my first cruise 3 weeks ago today. Gosh, that seems like FOREVER ago. I miss it LOL

However, my dad didn't want to go because he said, "what do I want to do, there's nothing for me!" AHAHAHA. He's the one right behind me making my mom promise that we'll book a cruise for next May! LOL Gotta love dad!

Archived