Re-fillable cups?

I have been reading on here that alot of people take re-fillable cups/mugs on their cruise to fill with water etc.

What size do you recommend?

We just bought the Bubba sport bottle that is 20 ounces and keeps drinks cold for 24hrs! Also has easy rubber grip in centre.

Is 20 ounces good? I was worried about getting one that is too heavy to lug around when full. Then I thought I could have some water bottles in my cooler (that could even have juice in them)- carry that around and fill my cup with that?

Opinions?

I plan on bringing a couple of the insulated cups that are very popular right now that come with a straw and a cover. I bought some cheap ones at Marshalls for 3.99. If I loose it, no big deal. I always bring one wherever I go. When I go to a party and everyone has their red solo cups (now you will have that song in your head all day sorry), I know which drink is mine and I can walk around and not spill my drink.

I have been reading on here that alot of people take re-fillable cups/mugs on their cruise to fill with water etc.

What size do you recommend?

We just bought the Bubba sport bottle that is 20 ounces and keeps drinks cold for 24hrs! Also has easy rubber grip in centre.

Is 20 ounces good? I was worried about getting one that is too heavy to lug around when full. Then I thought I could have some water bottles in my cooler (that could even have juice in them)- carry that around and fill my cup with that?

Opinions?

We're bringing a couple of 24 oz and a couple of 16 oz Trevis tumblers with us. You should be fine, but FYI, did see a thread that said the cruise lines don't like people using their own cups at the drink dispensers.

I plan on bringing a couple of the insulated cups that are very popular right now that come with a straw and a cover. I bought some cheap ones at Marshalls for 3.99. If I loose it, no big deal. I always bring one wherever I go. When I go to a party and everyone has their red solo cups (now you will have that song in your head all day sorry), I know which drink is mine and I can walk around and not spill my drink.

My idea exactly...I drink out of them all day long at home, I bring individual sugar free drink mixes, since I am limited to what I can drink-no soda no black tea...Works out great

I think the size is relative to you and the purpose.

I like smaller Tervis tumblers because I don't use ice and the large cups, when full are too heavy for me. (i guess my hands are small, I can't carry a large full glass with one hand)

If you like a lot of ice, you might need a larger cup.

If you are using your cup for "adult" beverages, the size might make a difference (how much do you drink?) It is not against policy to order a bottle from Bon Voyage to have in your room, although a few have posted they have been told they can't take "stateroom alcohol" to the rest of the ship.

I always use one of the plastic ship cups to fill my cup - I agree they should use anything not from the ship in the water/juice fountains for fear of germs/contamination, etc.

I am excited to see in person the new CCL Tervis tumblers and wonder how much they will be. I bought plastic lids for mine because I'm accident prone.

Always take my mug and tervis tumbler on our cruises. I like to get up early and wander around the ship with my coffee and my camera. During the day I use ice water and the single serve drink mixes too. When I was on the Dream with my DD we would get the punch they have in the morning, put it in our refrig and then add the rum we ordered from BV. By the last day I couldn't look at that punch!:eek:

Archived