a stupid question

finedme

I don't think you can wear glasses when you're snorkeling because of how the mask needs to suction to your face. Most people where contacts or prescription masks. My DH and I went snorkeling for the first time in Belize in January and we wore contacts. Also, things tend to be magnified underwater so if you don't have real poor eyesight you may be able to get by without any vision correction. I've also seen magnifiers that you can stick on the mask but I'm not sure how those work - someone else here may be able to provide some info on those. You'll love snorkeling - it's a fantastic experience!!:D

I recommend buying prescription goggles. Would be worth it to avoid the hassle, and I assume you don't have contacts, so goggles would be cheaper

check out this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=3666101#post3666101

the best price I could find was $59.95

rx_lenses_large.jpg

http://www.snorkel-mart.com/files/products/details.cfm?ProductID=63

Most of the time, the operators of the tours have some perscription goggles. If you are taking a carnival tour, ask at the tour/excursion desk. If you are taking an independent tour, ask them in an email. I have horrible eyesight (-5+ in both eyes) and I have always had no problem using/finding a perscription mask to use. I go down to a -3 or so and see just fine!

June

Glasses and googles don't go together, the earpiece allows water to get in. I have bad eyesight, with my left eye-- on the letter that a normal vision person could see at 400 feet I say, "What letter?" My right eye is better but not great. I have snorkeled without contacts or prescription googles and have done just fine. If I was going to do it alot I might invest in some prescription googles, but when we went this winter I enjoyed it immensely without anything. The water magnifies things and I never even considered for a minute that I wished I could see better.

Su

• 2 weeks later...

Archived