Chef's table

paddy Anne

I read Northern Aurora's earlier post, and Celebrity's Chef's Table sounds equivalent/comparable to Princess'.

Have you been to the Chef's Table on Princess? It doesn't look like you've done a Princess cruise. If you haven't, how can you describe them a being totally different/in no way similar? I've done the Princess Chef's Table multiple times, and all the things you listed as being different about Celebrity apply to Princess--it has taken place only once on all the cruises we have done, there is no sense of it taking place in the dining room, you are not served by the normal wait staff (you are served by the head chef, the maitre'd, and a dedicated serving staff), I would consider the fact that the head chef and the maitre'd are dedicated to you for the entire dinner to qualify as hosting, and I have never been to one that had more than 10-11 people. All the people that I've dined with at these dinners has considered it a special occasion.

If Celebrity's pricing were comparable to Princess (now at $95/person), I would jump at the Chef's Table for our upcoming Solstice Mediterranean cruise. At about $150 each (for 4 of us), I just don't see it being worth it. I'll probably just wait until my next Princess cruise, and do their Chef's Table again.

It is completely comparable. Logically speaking having the dinner 1 time or 3 times does not judge the experience. Just had three times as many people happy. As for the wait staff, if they are truly great servers, as they were on Princess, then I don't care what their title was. Now where there is a very concrete tangible comparison is the price. I agree, at 150 per person, probably not something I would do on celebrity although I am sure it is as good as Princess.

cheers

I'm not sure when Princess or X started their Chef's Table experiences (having sailed both multiple times in the last 5 years), but I do know that my DH and I had a delightful evening on the NCL Spirit 3 years ago. An intimate group of 18, dined in the Art gallery and feasted on a 5 course dinner, each paired with a wonderful wine. The meal was prepared by the Ex Chef, and hosted by the Cruise Director and their Loyalty program's rep.

An amazing evening - around $65.00 pp. Set to sail the Shiloutte in January 2013, traveling with friends, we have discussed doing the Chef's Table... Now that I know the price, and after reading some of the comments here, I'm not sure that X's is worth the $300 per couple....

I'm not sure when Princess or X started their Chef's Table experiences

I think we did our first Princess Chef's Table in 2008, and I read about it on CC so assume it started earlier - maybe 2007? Someone out there will know for sure.

We have done Chef's Table 3 times and do it every time we are on a Princess ship that offers it. Hope to be able to do it on Solstice this year too :D

• 2 weeks later...
I just checked our invoice from the April 10th sailing on the Infinity. Americandream is correct. The chef's table in the galley was $279.00 per couple.

We were also on the April 25th sailing and happened to be dining in the SS United States the evening the dinner was held on that particular sailing. So I have a quick question for Americandream -- did we dine with you on April 19th, or did you do the dinner on the April 25th sailing?

Yes that was me. I was Rusty of the couples Rusty and Amy, Chris and Nancy. I believe you sat next to Chris.

Archived