Infinity going through Panama Canal today

CINDON

I'm glad I caught this one early. Thanks. I will be sailing Radiance thru the Canal in October. A question though, You can see the forward helicopter or crew deck with very few people on it. Is this deck open to passengers during the transit?

Thanks for the link. The Infinity will be in S.F. on May 16 and my cruise on that ship will be May 28 to Alaska. Can't wait. What a great view of the canal. We did the canal last year on the Coral Princess. Nothing sure of spectacular. Again thanks.

Marilyn

Howard: It's up to the Captain as to whether or not passangers will be allowed on the crew-deck. Of my three trips, twice we were allowed and once we weren't.

--

Lee

Thanks so much for this tip, how cool is this??!! Need a quick history lesson/info lesson. Is this the begining of the canal? How long does it take to get through? The canal is a series of different locks that link some natural bodies of water, correct? Any help/info is appreciated. I would love to do this some day.

Having gone thru the Canal West to East 3 times, this is a view I've never seen -- entering the Canal from the Atlantic.

Thanks for the heads-up and the link.

Not to be pedantic, but going through the Canal from West to East is going from the Atlantic to the Pacific due to the S shaped land formation there. This is my first visit to CC.com since our cruise on the Tahitian Princess last Spring. Say hi to my Brother and sister-in-law Doug and Debbie who are sailing with you. I'm jealous!

Boyd

Archived