Shore tours in cairns for teenagers - any suggestions

Hi,

Cruising to Cairns in less than two weeks. Any suggestions on Cairns shore tours that will keep a 12 and 15 year old entertained??? Thanks.

out to the reef or up the daintry river

Have been looking all day and thinking maybe the 2 boys can do a spot of barramundi fishing - looks to be some good estuary trips and if they get lucky might just spot a croc! we two girls can do a bit of shopping at kuranda - probably going up and back on skyrail. Lots of people have told me that the shopping there is very Japanese touristy! What do CCs reckon? Is there some decent shopping for a couple if brissy girls???

Kuranda is one of those places where the journey is much, much nicer than the destination. The trip to/from, via either the Sky Rail or the Scenic Railway, is outstanding. The town itself has very little to offer and is nothing more than a severely over priced tourist trap.

Having been to Kuranda on several occasions, I must agree with other contributors in that the shopping is indeed kitchy. Having said that, the train trip to Kuranda and the Skyrail return journey are experiences in themselves, not to be missed! I defy anyone not to leave the bird and butterfly parks without a grin from ear to ear. Enjoy!

Archived