Post cruise withdrawal

blackwing

Well, it's two weeks after disembarking from Conquest, and I still have post cruise withdrawal. How bad, you say? Well, today I was at the gym and the background music in the locker room was Jennifer Lopez's "Let's Get Loud." This song rarely gets played anywhere anymore. The last time I heard it, it was the background music playing as I walked down the Panorama deck hallway to my cabin. :( Would love to be in that tiny little room right now!

Oh how I feel your pain....we've been off the Holiday 6 days now. It's getting better since we booked our next cruise :D Nothing like adding a new countdown to get you through the blues.

Honestly, I have never had post vacation depression before and I was so depressed after we got off the ship. I am hooked on cruising. It is the first vacation I've had where you totally get away and never one minute of "reality" if you know what I mean.

I am not a doctor, but I will play one here on this board: I say you book another cruise IMMEDIATELY. :p

LOL, it is bad... I still have it badly from February and have to wait until October to go again!!! Thankfully, I have gotten together with my cruise friends since then and will do it again in a few weeks... helps to pass the time when you can get together and have PCD together :D ;)

Lee, it really does work! When you have several booked, you are constantly making some sort of deposit, or talking with others on the same cruise, and it really does help with the depression!!!! These days you can book so far out, that it never hurts to have another (or two, or three) in your plans!!!!! Just tell hubby you are doing it because you luuuuuuv him so much :D

Try the subliminal thing. Get HIM to book the next cruise!

He won't ~ I'm the one who does all of that. Research, etc. I blabber on and on about it and he just says "book it". Can't complain with that! I think he'd get a little nervous with more than one booked. Typically will make comments like "Are we rich?"...."Hey kids, we won the lottery apparently....." :p

I know what you guys mean...we sailed the Glory 4/9 and this week I finally feel like I am returning to "normal" - back to schedules, etc. I'm still reading this board every day though! Haven't cleaned my house from top to bottom since before we went on our cruise so it's long, long overdue. Actually felt like cleaning on Tuesday morning but of course, had to go to work. HOpefully, that feeling will be back tomorrow morning! The weight I've gained actually wasn't all from the cruise...maybe only a 1 or 2 but the rest is just depression from the past three weeks!

Haven't cleaned my house from top to bottom since before we went on our cruise so it's long, long overdue.

ME EITHER! I actually had to.......prepare yourselves......COOK last night!!! I put it off as long as I could, but I was very bitter about it. ROFL

ME EITHER! I actually had to.......prepare yourselves......COOK last night!!! I put it off as long as I could, but I was very bitter about it. ROFL

I am ON that list as well!!!!

I hate that PCD! Nasty thing!! The good thing is that some relief can be found if you start to plan the next one! Right now I am in the "looking around" stage for 2 cruises - 1 next year for the family and one this year solo.

Right now I am in the "looking around" stage for 2 cruises - 1 next year for the family and one this year solo.

Yes ~ that worked for me. I took about 2-3 days researching which cruise, prices, etc. Took me away from my despair........

Now that we're booked, you'd think I could get on with life, but nooooooo

Strange thing. I just opened a post, before seeing this, about this very same thing...

Cruise Withdrawal?

Does anyone ever experience this? I took my first cruise on the Glory April 19th -23rd and had the time of my life. The entire experience was wonderful. I looked so forward to this cruise, for 12 months, and now I’m almost depressed that it’s over. We are going again next year but that’s really not soon enough for me!

YUP You got it bad. I had it bad after my first cruise. I got off the ship on a Sunday, and even had post cruise package for three days in Key West, and that didn't help.

The following Sunday, I had my next cruise booked 9 months out. I didn't feel I could wait the year.

WORD OF CAUTION!

Nothing will ever compare to your first cruise. But you will still have the time of your life!

I think I was actually bitten by the Cruisin' Bug on my second cruise... it was longer, and I went with just my Mom (who I miss terribly on this Mother's Day weekend) instead of the addition of two ladies whom I didn't know very well when we went on our first cruise.

I just got off the Victory last Sunday, and today I had to stand and actually chop celery, onions, and chicken to make chicken salad. It's not "cooking", but it's working in the kitchen! Does that count? :D

I find that looking at new, freshly printed cruise brochures helps to take some of the pain of PCW away.....

It seems with each cruise we take the PCD gets worse. You think you would learn how to deal with it. I am thankful my co-worker is a cruiser too. She has been taking up my slack this week. We booked another cruise for August and it has helped. I don't know how I operate on 3 hours of sleep a night on a cruise, but at home I need at least 7 to function.

I remembered my post cruise withdrawel from my last cruise, and i hated it... It was such a very emotional draining moment, and felt such worthlessness afterward... BUT, knowing that, and remembering that from last time, i think i may have solved that problem, so here it goes.............

leave monday for cruise, get back on friday morning... leave ship, and head immediately to the airport for a weekend in Las Vegas, plane leaves that friday at 1:30, so its hustle hustle, no time for dreading anything. So, i will have a full week of fun, and finally fly back home tired, happy, and satisfied.. For those of you who have cruise withdrawel, take a trip to Las Vegas, and for those who are waiting for their next cruise, take that little trip in between to get you by... It will help out alot! :cool:

Archived