Are you all doing OOT bags? If not, are you doing anything else as a favor for your guests? We are having about 35 people attend our wedding on embarkation day (28 are sailing with us). We don't have a lot of room in our budget to do favors but I'm wondering if it's in poor taste not to do anything??

Are you all doing OOT bags? If not, are you doing anything else as a favor for your guests? We are having about 35 people attend our wedding on embarkation day (28 are sailing with us). We don't have a lot of room in our budget to do favors but I'm wondering if it's in poor taste not to do anything??

It's funny because I was just thinking about our favors today and really wishing I had put a lot of that money towards other things. I got so caught up in the planning that I went overboard. But planning and putting favors and OOT bags together burned off some nervous energy- so I suppose that was good.

We did pretty extensive OOT bags- nobody expected them and I don't know if anyone used anything in them- I would probably have skipped those if I had known. We also had three different types of favors at the reception- they were cute, but again were not expected and don't know if anything but the gummy bear tins (thoese I'd keep) got used. We put together our own wedding wands- very time consuming- and nobody knew what to do with them- I would have nixed those except we got a great photograph with them waiving over our heads.

I don't think anyone expects favors and if it is not in your budget/ space allocation I wouldn't stress over doing favors and OOT bags. If you really felt like you had to do something you could get a photo certificate for each cabin of your sailing guests or have a bottle of champaign delivered to each cabin (we did those things too and they were a hit- and no packing required.

Congratulations and happy planning!!!

This is all very good to know. I'm still wavering on whether to do OOT bags and favors, or just favors. I think it'd be nice for guests to have a little something waiting for them in their rooms, though.

It's funny because I was just thinking about our favors today and really wishing I had put a lot of that money towards other things. I got so caught up in the planning that I went overboard. But planning and putting favors and OOT bags together burned off some nervous energy- so I suppose that was good.

We did pretty extensive OOT bags- nobody expected them and I don't know if anyone used anything in them- I would probably have skipped those if I had known. We also had three different types of favors at the reception- they were cute, but again were not expected and don't know if anything but the gummy bear tins (thoese I'd keep) got used. We put together our own wedding wands- very time consuming- and nobody knew what to do with them- I would have nixed those except we got a great photograph with them waiving over our heads.

I don't think anyone expects favors and if it is not in your budget/ space allocation I wouldn't stress over doing favors and OOT bags. If you really felt like you had to do something you could get a photo certificate for each cabin of your sailing guests or have a bottle of champaign delivered to each cabin (we did those things too and they were a hit- and no packing required.

Ugh- except I meant champagne :-)

I know what you mean! I like having a few projects to do as it's helping me feel like I'm actually doing something to get ready for the wedding! And it's keeping me a bit less stressed :)

Thanks for the suggestion of the photo certificates - I didn't know you could do that! We're going to look at doing that - I think our guests would appreciate that a lot.

Can I ask where you got your gummy bear tins? That sounds like a nice idea, even just to have something small that the guests can take with them...

Can I ask where you got your gummy bear tins? That sounds like a nice idea, even just to have something small that the guests can take with them...

I got the round tins from Michaels and round labels with our names and the date and flip flops from Vista Print (which we put on the lids of the tins). Then I got mini gummy bears (they were sooo cute) from the candy store . I put small sheets of wax paper in the tins and then filled them with the mini gummies. This was an inexpensive last minute thing to do (obviously as we got closer I got more stress and needed more projects:-) but my guests loved them. This was the only favor to be completely used up by the end of the reception. I'm still stuck with the others- a few nautical key chains and soothing stones. We actually left a bunch of key chains in the cabin thinking the staff might use them (no worries we left a cash tip too) and we gave out a bunch of soothing stones to other passengers because they had the name of the ship on them. We still have leftover stuff from the OOT bags because we had an entire party (2 cabins worth) cancel out at the very last minute.

One other thing I would have changed- we bought a bunch of disposable cameras for guests to take pictures- dumbest idea I ever had. I still have a dozen cameras with only half the pictures taken that I will probably never ever use up and develop. In todays day and age everyone had their own digital and sent us disks of their pictures.

I thought the photo certificates and champagne were the best way to go and I would do that again. Drink tickets are another idea. Check with the Bon Voyage department. You will need your guests cabin numbers- but I can't remember whether you need their booking numbers. I think the photo certificates were handed to my guests at dinner and the champagne was in their rooms after dinner.

Happy Planning!

I can honestly say that my original intent was to do an inexpensive favor. Here's the link to what I think is a great favor for a cruise wedding: http://www.lightinthebox.com/-Voyage-of-Love--Lover-Keychains-set-of-6-pairs-_p185920.html - 12 keychains for $9.99 is an amazing deal.

As for what I ended up with, well that's an entirely different story. Our guest list is 41 with 13 of them sailing. We are doing favors and OOT bags. I have literally become a shopping nut. Here's my breakdown:

Favors:

a sand dollar ornament that I made

a nautical themed votive holder

a Sun & Sand Yankee Candle

Personalized match book (FI wanted this so I gave it to him)

Personalize magnet (free from vistaprint)

OOT Bags:

Large beach tote

personalized stationary (pen, notepad, sticky pad - free from vistaprint)

personalize magnet (I survived Tom and Julie's wedding cruise to the caribbean - free from Vistaprint)

3 activity books

assorted OTC medicines (advil, tylenol, dramamine, etc.)

travel laundry detergent

large magnet for the cabin door's

custom printed T-shirt (designed by customink.com, they did an AMAZING job)

16oz reusable, double walled cups

deck of playing cards

mini-mani set

lanyards

aloe

sunblock

lip balm

an invitation to dinner at Nick & Nora's stekhouse

I keep shopping so I'm sure this list will grow....lot's of pics to follow

I can honestly say that my original intent was to do an inexpensive favor. Here's the link to what I think is a great favor for a cruise wedding: http://www.lightinthebox.com/-Voyage-of-Love--Lover-Keychains-set-of-6-pairs-_p185920.html - 12 keychains for $9.99 is an amazing deal.

As for what I ended up with, well that's an entirely different story. Our guest list is 41 with 13 of them sailing. We are doing favors and OOT bags. I have literally become a shopping nut. Here's my breakdown:

Favors:

OOT Bags:

Large beach tote

personalize magnet (I survived Tom and Julie's wedding cruise to the caribbean - free from Vistaprint)

3 activity books

travel laundry detergent

deck of playing cards

mini-mani set

lanyards

aloe

sunblock

lip balm

You're making me feel better. I am not the only one then? :o I love your idea for the personalized magnet- wish we had thought of the surviving the cruise message.

We did OOT bags and don't know if anyone used anything in them. (See pics here-> http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1575410) The only thing we used was the sunblock, the hand sanitizer and the lounger covers. Since we were allowed to bring on wine, I bet people drank that at least, otherwise, no idea if they found them useful or not. We did not do favors other than the OOT bags (our guests who did not get OOT bags did get a few of the things that were included in the OOT bags like decks of cards and a few other little things that we put in cloth CD gift sleeves from the dollar store. You can see the red packages in our guests hands in this photo.) 562543_441184252563824_412902612_n.jpg

Favors:

OOT Bags:

Large beach tote

3 activity books

travel laundry detergent

deck of playing cards

mini-mani set

lanyards

aloe

sunblock

lip balm

Wow! Your guests are certainly going to be surprised :) How did you get the free things from Vistaprint? I've seen a lot of people that got things free but can't see anywhere on their website to get free things...

what's your email address? I'll send you my most recent coupon that has ton's of free stuff offers.

As for my non-sailing guests, here are their favors:

Matchbooks are from theknot.com - 100 for $12.99

Magnets - free from Vistaprint.com

Ornament (I made) - sand dollar .30 cents each/star fish .30 cents each @ Christmastree Shops

Yankee Candle - $1.00 @ Bed Bath and Beyond (used a gift card so really it was free)

Votive holder - .59 cents each @ Christmastree Shops

I apologize if my pics are a little screwey, my camera is dead and I had to use my cell to take them :cool:

IMAG0229.jpg.f4b1df21dd6b30208fe2052cbcf8b15c.jpg

IMAG0230.jpg.33cc229b600dec8008b8410aa1be21a5.jpg

IMAG0231.jpg.55169f2b1ccfdadc40fc529fc227264a.jpg

Can I get a email too Pretty Please.. allaboutthis04@yahoo.com

what's your email address? I'll send you my most recent coupon that has ton's of free stuff offers.

Ornament (I made) - sand dollar .30 cents each/star fish .30 cents each @ Christmastree Shops

Yankee Candle - $1.00 @ Bed Bath and Beyond (used a gift card so really it was free)

I apologize if my pics are a little screwey, my camera is dead and I had to use my cell to take them :cool:

Can i get this coupon as well was just about to order magnets and saw this post i would love to get a discount!

Thank you so much

megan.reddick@yahoo.ca

We got married a few years back, but we didn't do Out of Town bags, or favors. We just thought it was silly to pay for chartering a yacht, pay for a DJ for entertainment and dancing, pay for a lovely dinner, and then pay for a little trinket to say "thanks for coming!" in addition, that they were probably going to throw out later anyways. Instead, we made it a point to go to everyone who attended (around 50 people), and spend at least a few minutes with them, including thanking them for coming. We also put disposeable cameras at the tables with a note to tell them to take pictures of everyone at the table, at least once. When we sent our thank you notes out after the wedding, we sent a photo of ourselves, but also copies of every photo that they were in, too.

Favors:

OOT Bags:

Large beach tote

3 activity books

travel laundry detergent

deck of playing cards

mini-mani set

lanyards

aloe

sunblock

lip balm

I keep shopping so I'm sure this list will grow....lot's of pics to follow[/q

Where did you get the beach totes from? Any pics? Im having a hard time finding cute bags for the OTT bags..i want something colorful or maybe animal print perhaps :D

Hi Ladies,

So, here are the contents of my OOT Bags. I'm only doing 9. We figured that with all of the items that we included, our bags ran us about $40 each. Keeping in mind that our shirts alone were around $23 each.

The tote bags came from Walmart. Thanks to some other brides I discovered a store called five below, it's AWESOME. I bought a bunch of stuff there. All of the printed materials came from Vistaprint, for FREE (just paid the shipping)!! The lanyards came from partycheap.com. The only things not pictured are the double wall reusable cups (Christmas Tree Shops), a large door magnet (Vistaprint) and my special invites for Nick & Nora's Steakhouse on the ship.

IMAG0242.jpg.f276e9f758e2c6271888473f4b89bfa5.jpg

IMAG0245.jpg.ad983e0a699c57815888b65a21f3ba28.jpg

IMAG0248.jpg.05c82c918b113d753cf160378ef5c68b.jpg

IMAG0250.jpg.59de86582f2e2ab2f286955de3b6eac6.jpg

IMAG0251.jpg.aa17617e18ec5523b72dd323922d45ff.jpg

IMAG0252.jpg.37001dbd714152ceec9b5ccee779ec89.jpg

IMAG0253.jpg.64d3be9793e9e286b1c44b40312dcfa3.jpg

Archived