Need hotel help for Port Canaveral

A bunch of my co-workers have talked me into joining them on the Glory for Valentine's Day week. Now, I have never sailed out Port Canaveral and would like to know if there are nice hotels near the pier? I'm coming in from California and, I always like to get in 1 day early. Any recommendations?

If your flight gets in early enough, rent a car at Budget and stay at the Radisson (It's right at the port), or other hotels in that area. You can return the car to Budget near the Radisson and they will shuttle you to the port.

If you get in later, consider staying near Orlando Airport and resting. It is about 50-60 minutes to Cocoa Beach and Port Canaveral from Orlando. And there are lots of hotels in lots of price ranges in Orlando in the International Drive area and around the Airport.

June

We stayed at the Radisson in April, nice hotel. We drove to FL and took their shuttle (free) to the port. However, their first shuttle to the Glory isn't until 11:30 (call a few weeks before to reserve a spot). We got on the 12:00 shuttle (it left at 12:15) and when we got to the pier the lines were already quite long.

Hey kabatschke....we are staying at the Comfort Inn Septemer 2..stayed at the Radisson last time but no rooms this time..(Labor Day weekend and some kind of festival going on). Glad to hear the Comfort Inn was ok..can take most anything one night. Did the shuttle work out ok? What time do they start runniing?

We stayed at the Raddison last year. We sailed in Sept and I think we were the only week during Hurricane season that was not affected. The people at the Raddison we extremely nice and friendly despite all they had gone through with the hurricanes. They have a free shuttle to and from the port. In fact when we returned from the cruise to pick up the car they were again boarding up bracing for another hurricane. Hopefully it will be a better year for them.

If you come in a day early check out the Grill restaurant it was great for dinner. Started our vacation of great!

Burnsie

We always rent a car at the airport. We've used Avis and Budget. Found Budget to be less. You can book it online.

Then you have a car to do what you want the day prior. Can go out to dinner, hang out at the beach. Check out Ron JOn's surf shop. Fun place to see.

Budget is on the way to the port. YOu can drop it off, they'll shuttle you to the port for free. They'll also pick you up when you get in and bring you back there. Can rent a car for the day before you head home as well. Or just head back to the airport right away.

You don't have to wait for others either. We always do it this way!

The Radisson is not at the port. It just sounded the poster made it sound like it's right outside the hotel and it's not. They wil shuttle you over, but make sure you book it when you check in. If you don't, they take you over when there's openings and you may have to wait a long time.

I'd just get suggestions for other hotels in the area. I forget where we stayed in Dec. It was in Cocoa Beach....right there as well. MANY hotels to choose from. I'm sure you can find one cheaper than the Radisson too.

Hello,

I vote for the Raddison also. It is not at the port, but it is the closet to the port.

International drive is the tourist area. if you left the airport you would be going about 20-30 minutes in the opposite direction of the port.

I would stay at a hotel near the airport in orlando and drive over in the morning. It is an awesome sight to see the ships when going over the bridges...just adds to the excitement for me.

Archived