Geocaching Adventure and Salmon Bake - JU77

phatmoose

Has anyone taken this excursion that Royal Caribbean offers in Juneau? Is it a new one? Do you know what the limit of people are on this? I thought it would be fun, but need more info.

Try the RCCL board and you may have better luck.

I have never even heard of excursions including geocaching. My husband and I geocached on our trip last year and had a wonderful time! We got two in each port, then went to the Kenai Peninsula on our own and found many and in Anchorage also. It is just so much fun! Took us places we would not have gone if not looking for the caches. But again, never heard of the excursion. Hope it is fun. Are you an avid cacher?

Well, just wait until you can add Alaska to your profile! A great one we found, not too hard, but clever and nice was on the river going into town in Skagway. Loved it! Your GPS works great and does not take much room in your luggage. Just load 'em up before you leave on your cruise. We started with two in Vancouver!

My wife and I are geocachers also and are planning on geocaching on our Alaska Cruise. A friend was in Skagway two weeks age and dropped off a TB in Ladybug's Skagway Travel Bug/Coin. We will be there in September and it will be interesting to see if the TB is still there and bring it all the way back to Texas. We are looking forward to caching in Alaska. Our goal is to find a geocache in every state. We have 10 more states to go and Alaska is one and we are driving from Texas to Vancouver and will find caches in each state and that will leave one state. So it looks like we will be going to Hawaii for our 50th anniversary for our 50th state cache. It is a fun hobby and will take you to many different places. We are cruising on the RCCL Radiance on Sept 7 and Sept 14 doing a b2b.

Archived