6 days to go

Just starting the ironing for the Spirit next week. Have checked the Norwegian weather forecast and have decided to pack a couple of thermal vests and some heavy long sleeve shirts. Just have to wash my chinos and fleece, collect my prescription, and get myself to Newcastle :D

Feeling a bit down though, I always feel this way before a holiday :(

Just starting the ironing for the Spirit next week. Have checked the Norwegian weather forecast and have decided to pack a couple of thermal vests and some heavy long sleeve shirts. Just have to wash my chinos and fleece, collect my prescription, and get myself to Newcastle :D

You won't feel down when you get there, Dave. Hope you have a wonderful time and the weather is kind to you.

Never mind Norway, you'll need your thermals in Newcastle!!:(. It's like winter today.

• 4 weeks later...

So how was it? Did you have a good time? As a seasoned traveller on Spirit, what's it like in the single cabins? Be honest with me, I'd like to know so I'm prepared before I go as to what to expect. Only cruised before on Destiny and went with a friend, this time I'm on my own.

Thanks in advance..

So how was it? Did you have a good time? As a seasoned traveller on Spirit, what's it like in the single cabins? Be honest with me, I'd like to know so I'm prepared before I go as to what to expect. Only cruised before on Destiny and went with a friend, this time I'm on my own.

Thanks in advance..

The itinery was excellent and the old Spirit as good as ever, apart from the sigle cabins!

We had damp weather at Flam and Bergen but apart from that good weather accompanied us to every port, even north cape which only gets one sunny day per fortnight. Thermals were not required even on top of Mount Dalsnibba with 10 foot snowdrifts and a still frozen lake. :)

Archived