How many chairs on Infinity veranda(2B)?

Bear2006

We are going to Alaska on the Infinity and have a veranda category 2B. It looks like there are two chairs and a little table on the veranda. Our two kids ages 3 and 5 are coming and I think they will enjoy looking for boats and wildlife. We have two little collapsible chairs that we could pack so they could sit down as well. Should we pack them? Or do they try to put out chairs for the kids or due to space issues only two regular size chairs could fit?

If the collapsible chairs are made for little children and don't weigh much to make your luggage over 50 lbs (:_) I'd take them, remove the table, and there might be enough room. We did the desk chair in a concierge class balcony for breakfast on the balcony and that was tight. I think the chair would have to be removed every time you went back and forth, and with kids, that might be often. so if the dimensions of the portable children's chairs are only 12-15" wide, without the table, they'd fit. I like the idea of the baby on the lap, though! The balconies are pretty tiny unless you have one of the sweet sixteen on deck 6, 2C which are double sized. they may have recategorized those sweet 16.

The chairs are made for the size of a kindergartner. I just measured and weighed one. Each one weighs 3 pounds, 1 ounce. It is 12 1/2 inches across at the feet and 18 inches across at the mid arms. I bought them yesterday at Costco for 10.99.

The chairs sound neat, but they might not get a lot of use as the weather in Alaska MAY preclude you from using your balcony all that much. Also, to really enjoy the amazing scenery, you MAY want to head up to top deck to take it all in. Just my two cents..... ;)

Archived