Itinerary Change for Valor leaving this Sunday 6/17/12

piratefan86

We are leaving on the Valor this Sunday, June 17. When we originally booked back in September, it showed Ocho Rios, Jamaica as a stop. They changed that to Montego Bay, Jamaica and that is what it has been for probably the last 7 months. I just signed into my Carnival account this afternoon and it has just changed back to Ocho Rios. Is anyone else on this sailing and see the same itinerary change? I am surprised to see them change that so close to the trip.

We are leaving on the Valor this Sunday, June 17. When we originally booked back in September, it showed Ocho Rios, Jamaica as a stop. They changed that to Montego Bay, Jamaica and that is what it has been for probably the last 7 months. I just signed into my Carnival account this afternoon and it has just changed back to Ocho Rios. Is anyone else on this sailing and see the same itinerary change? I am surprised to see them change that so close to the trip.

Personally, if I had to choose between the two ports in Jamaica, I would rather go to Ocho Rios :)

Just a wild guess here, but the Mexican Riviera ports change often depending on what's considered safe. Currently Mazatlan is on a few itineraries, but not on most. A few years ago it was on most.

Maybe Ocho Rios is fluxuating between safe and suspect?

Jim

Carnival just confirmed to my travel agent that the port change from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios is official. I was told that it is due to port congestion in Montego Bay harbor. Also told that Carnival is watching a developing tropical storm (Not A Hurricane; Not A Hurricane Precursor; Do Not get Overly Alarmed) in the Western Carribean and Ocho Rios has advantages for that purpose as well. Noted weather for Cayman and Sea Days on Intellicast website indicates possible rain and winds. May want to pack rain gear of choice for shore excursions. Based on previous cruises to this area rain can come and go quickly.

Archived