FLL Restaurants

Tarkus

Ignoring my constant advice to the contrary, the lion's share of my traveling companions for the 28-may Zuiderdam sailing have booked their pre-cruise at the Best Western on SR84. :eek: I see a few recommended restaurants on Fodor's for that area (including Georgia Pig, Lester's Diner, and Tropical Acres) - but wonder if you locals would advise for them to taxi up nearer to me (I'm in the Renaissance, courtesy of Priceline) and go to one of those nearer to me?

BTW, near the Renaissance Fodor's suggests French Quarter, Southport Raw Bar, Cafe Del Rio, and Louie Louie Bistro - any of them jump out at you as don't miss eateries, or would someplace else be a better choice?

TIA.

Cafe Del Rio is one of my favorite Tex Mex restaurants across the street from your hotel. Lesters Diner serves great oversized breakfasts and Tropical Acres has been serving up great steaks since the 1940's. ;)

Yes, Lester's Diner does do a great breakfast, and the you won't go wrong with the rest of the menu either.

Favorites on SE 17th are Bimini Boatyard and Chuck's Steak House. Neither will bust your budget. My personal favorite in the area is ERNIE'S Bar-B-Que at 1843 S. Federal Highway, just a block from 17th towards the airport. This is Key West in Fort Lauderdale. Very informal, except they have valet parking at lunchtime. You must have the conch chowder with thick slices of Bimini Bread. The bbq itself isn't the greatest but the sauce is so good you could drink it straight. Get the chowder and half sandwich. Not on the menu but always available. Beer is plentiful and ice cold. This is the place to get in that cruisn' mood.

thanks very much for the good info - even if most of the others flake on me and opt to drink their dinners at least i've got a good idea about a couple of places near the renaissance... i could always meet-up with them afterwards.

thanks again! :cool:

my compadres likely would; but for me, it just don't get much better than oysters on the half shell and a cold beer to wash 'em down!

thanks for the heads-up, though... :)

Archived