majesty food

what kind of food do they serve i love my steak rip eye t bone etc but have never tried lobster and was wondering is this on the menu or is it in the restaurant were you have to pay a supplement

what kind of food do they serve i love my steak rip eye t bone etc but have never tried lobster and was wondering is this on the menu or is it in the restaurant were you have to pay a supplement

Yes, there was lobster one night in the main restaurant - but that was once over a 14-night cycle of menus I believe. There was quite a bit of beef and steak on offer although not T-bone!

The Bistro was superb - in all the Thomson cruises we've done over the years we've never been to the speciality retaurants before but it was definitely worth it and we'll go again when we get the chance.

I must say though that we thought the food was excellent on Majesty. I have reservations about some aspects of the ship - but the food isn't one of them. It was perhaps the best we've ever had on Thomson although my comments relate to the main dining room - I can't really pass an opinion on the self-service as we hardly used it.

Thanks for the reply will be eating all the time in the main restaurant hope they have lobster the week we are on as i really want try it

We had lobster once each week and also as a starter another time. We did use both eateries on the pool deck at lunchtime. The Piazza san Marco seemed to have the same food every day more or less, salads, burgers, hot dogs, baked potato, tuna, chips, fruit etc. The buffet restaurant, the Cafe Royale, had excellent hot and cold food with plenty of variety at lunchtime. We only used the Four Seasons for dinner so I cannot comment on the food in the Cafe Royale for dinner but would imagine it was very good. There was also hot food late at night in the Cafe Royale. I didn't particularly look at what was there because we usually only went up for a cup of tea but my husband had biscuits and cheese a few times. We also used the Bistro one night and it was fabulous. For breakfast we tried to negotiate the Cafe Royale but by the time we got tea and eggs everything was cold so we moved to the Four Seasons which was much better. The bigger restaurant is called the Seven Seas and serves the same food as the Four Seasons. My parents in law used the Seven Seas at lunchtime and found it to be excellent, ranging from sandwiches to hot meals. The Four Seasons is closed at lunchtime. We also used the Bistro one night and it was fabulous. On Friday nights it is £15 and £19 on other nights. Well worth the extra money.

We had lobster once each week and also as a starter another time. We did use both eateries on the pool deck at lunchtime. The Piazza san Marco seemed to have the same food every day more or less, salads, burgers, hot dogs, baked potato, tuna, chips, fruit etc. The buffet restaurant, the Cafe Royale, had excellent hot and cold food with plenty of variety at lunchtime. We only used the Four Seasons for dinner so I cannot comment on the food in the Cafe Royale for dinner but would imagine it was very good. There was also hot food late at night in the Cafe Royale. I didn't particularly look at what was there because we usually only went up for a cup of tea but my husband had biscuits and cheese a few times. We also used the Bistro one night and it was fabulous. For breakfast we tried to negotiate the Cafe Royale but by the time we got tea and eggs everything was cold so we moved to the Four Seasons which was much better. The bigger restaurant is called the Seven Seas and serves the same food as the Four Seasons. My parents in law used the Seven Seas at lunchtime and found it to be excellent,

ranging from sandwiches to hot meals. The Four Seasons is closed at lunchtime. We also used the Bistro one night and it was fabulous. On Friday nights it is £15 and £19 on other nights. Well worth the extra money.

Oh my!! Too much choice!! It sounds fantastic. Both you and Kruzseeka have a wonderful way with words and explain everything so well. Both of you could have a new career in travel writing!!

Oh my!! Too much choice!! It sounds fantastic. Both you and Kruzseeka have a wonderful way with words and explain everything so well. Both of you could have a new career in travel writing!!

Wouldn't that be great! I'd love it! :D

Just to pick up on Little Nell's comment about the soups - they do lovely chilled soups too and they are offered everyday. (Dream you only get them on Gala Night and then they're more like Slush being 50% crushed ice - not brill!) The desserts were very good too - a weakness on Dream and Celebration imo.

Sorry, I should have said the Beef Wellington was fabulous. All the meat we ate was excellent quality and there was quite a variety and there were some lovely starters and soups too.

Sounds lovely have to give the beef qellington a try as well sounds like loads of choice

Archived