Harsh .. Rude .. Responses for the Newbies

mc'smom

[quote name='cruzn buckeye']I really don't like it when someone clicks on a thread just so that they can post a reply that says "here we go again...do a search!" Why waste the time giving that reply? Just go to the next thread and enjoy reading what you want to read.[/QUOTE]

I agree completely.

You'll never eliminate those posts as long as people are obsessed with padding their post count. After all isn't it everyone's life long goal to be "Blue Ribbon Cruiser":rolleyes: ?

Pat
Running Dad

[quote name='Running_Dad']
You'll never eliminate those posts as long as people are obsessed with padding their post count. After all isn't it everyone's life long goal to be "Blue Ribbon Cruiser":rolleyes: ?
[/QUOTE]

I've been found out. I'm going for the 5000 club.

[quote name='Running_Dad']After all isn't it everyone's life long goal to be "Blue Ribbon Cruiser":rolleyes: ?[/QUOTE]

[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=blue]Nope. I want to be a greeter at WalMart. :D [/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='NJcruiser21']Since when is to the point rude? people need to get a backbone on this site unless the responder is actually really rude..that's a different story.[/QUOTE]

Besides to the point saves bandwidth, not everybody has high speed internet. :)

[quote name='big_duck']Besides to the point saves bandwidth, not everybody has high speed internet. :)[/QUOTE]

Thats a subject for a new poll

What type of internet conection do you have?

[quote name='selucrey'][font=Arial Black][size=3][color=blue]Nope. I want to be a greeter at WalMart. :D [/color][/size][/font][/QUOTE]

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=black]LOL! You be a good one.[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Having cruised with & met quite a few people on CC, I still think this is a great bunch of people with lots of useful information. I don't think most are intentionally trying to be rude. It can be rather frustrating sometimes to see same the questions asked & answered over & over again. Or same question posted a couple of threads down. One person here even admitted that they did not wish to take the time to look. I always try to scan the first couple of pages atleast before asking a question. It just makes sense to me. Answering questions has nothing to do with boosting post count.s for some of us. Lots of us are booked & actively involved in several group cruises. Posting here is a great way to learn lots of helpful things as well as make many new friendships. [/font]

[quote name='Running_Dad']I agree completely.

Pat
Running Dad[/QUOTE]

What's the title of this thread again??? I believe that it is possible that some newbies are also Harsh and Rude to those that are being extremely helpful. Let's all play nice- this is supposed to be a fun place. I for one am extremely thankful to those who have over 3000 posts as they have a wealth of knowledge to offer me and some newbies. I hope I live to be a Blue Ribbon Cruiser cuz that means that I will have cruised ALOT more times and have more information to share with folks! :)

[quote name='big_duck']Besides to the point saves bandwidth, not everybody has high speed internet. :)[/QUOTE]
Exactly! So will someone please explain *why* CC imposed a *minimum* four-character length for posts (beginning with the move from InfoPoop to vBull****)? It prevents me from simply replying "No." (without the quotes) :p

[quote name='tef43']Exactly! So will someone please explain *why* CC imposed a *minimum* four-character length for posts (beginning with the move from InfoPoop to vBull****)? It prevents me from simply replying "No." (without the quotes) :p[/QUOTE]

[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=blue]tef, try it like this No... works for me.;) [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial Black][size=1][color=#0000ff]gall-dang it ! running the post count up again ![/color][/size][/font]

[i]"Apparently your Mom never taught you the golden rule about not saying anything if you don't have something nice to say.[/i]

[i]I guess it's just not the kids with bad manners"[/i]

[i][font=Arial Black][size=3][color=blue]Found the above posted by a CC member and thought how well it fits here.:D [/color][/size][/font][/i]

[quote name='selucrey'][font=Arial Black][size=3][color=blue]tef, try it like this No... works for me.;) [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial Black][size=1][color=#0000ff]gall-dang it ! running the post count up again ![/color][/size][/font]

[i]"Apparently your Mom never taught you the golden rule about not saying anything if you don't have something nice to say.[/i]

[i]I guess it's just not the kids with bad manners"[/i]

[i][font=Arial Black][size=3][color=blue]Found the above posted by a CC member and thought how well it fits here.:D [/color][/size][/font][/i][/QUOTE]

If only people could take their own advice ;)

I for one am thankful for the MANY people that have posted here to try and make new posters feel more comfortable... If people didn't actually POST on this message board, it wouldn't be very helpful would it? :confused:

[quote name='GoinCruisin']If people didn't actually POST on this message board, it wouldn't be very helpful would it? :confused:[/QUOTE]

That's deep. I have to think about that one. Would it still be a message board if no one posted?

[quote name='GoinCruisin']No, it would be a read only archive :D[/QUOTE]

Ah, my next invention a Write Only Memory

WOM is an acronym for ...* Wake On Modem, Write-Only Memory
from
[url]http://www.auditmypc.com/acronym/WOM.asp[/url]

Signetics once created a specification for a write-only memory
from
[url]http://computing-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/write-only%20memory[/url]

[color=red][b][color=teal]Last inquiry I made, I was given a comment like......[/color][color=red]Well we've had enough of this question.[/color].. [color=green][color=purple]I do a search often to make sure it hasn't already been asked and about 2 out of 3 tries cannot find an answer[/color]...[/color].[color=darkred]I suggest to the seasoned cruisers not to bother answering if it is annoying to you....[/color][/b][/color]
[b][color=#8b0000][color=seagreen]And by the way...I love this site and thanks for all your help ![/color]:D [/color][/b]

[quote name='ISLABONITA'][color=red][b][color=teal]Last inquiry I made, I was given a comment like......[/color][color=red]Well we've had enough of this question.[/color].. [/b][/color][b][color=#8b0000] [/color][/b][/QUOTE]
[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=blue][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=#0000ff]Now [i]that[/i] is what I would call rude. No call for that no matter what the post count is.:( [/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='selucrey']
[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=#0000ff]Now [i]that[/i] is what I would call rude. No call for that no matter what the post count is.:( [/color][/size][/font][/QUOTE]

Agreed.....and anyone should hit the triangle and report that.

[quote name='ISLABONITA'][color=red][b][color=teal]Last inquiry I made, I was given a comment like......[/color][color=red]Well we've had enough of this question.[/color].. [color=green][color=purple]][/QUOTE]

I must have missed that response...I have to say I've never seen it...but it is rude.
All you Newbies have to do what all of us 'oldies' did when we were newbies...take time and get to know everyone's personality. Tef's directness is nothing more than that...directness. He says what he feels, just like everyone else does, except he does it without a long winded speech (as I am prone to do!!)
I'm sure after a while on the boards, you'll appreciate his short, blunt responses..especially after having to read through my long winded ones!! :D

One thing that bothers me is when someone asks an 'opinion' type question...and when they don't get the responses THEY want, they then feel like the posters are being rude...THAT really ticks me off.
Don't ask if jeans are OK in the dining room (for example) if you don't want to hear people say that they think it isn't OK.
I also think that overly sensitive people who are CC members should grow a thicker skin...sometimes it's needed. But for the most part..even though there will be threads that get your blood pressure to the boiling point, I have to say that in most cases, what I read here makes me laugh out loud and puts a smile on my face. If it didn't make me feel good, I wouldn't have stuck around this long. :D

[quote name='irishnewfie']US newbies (speaking for myself only) do not disregard negative comments we appreciate them, but I thought this was a forum to get some questions answered [/QUOTE]

Funny, I thought this was an online community of Carnival cruisers, not Carnivals Help desk. :confused:

That being said, I try to be helpful when I can as I am sure most others are.

To CC: Please don't raise my count when I post this, I am just trying to add to the debate.

[quote name='ISLABONITA'][color=red][b][color=teal]Last inquiry I made, I was given a comment like......[/color][color=red]Well we've had enough of this question.[/color].. [color=green][color=purple]I do a search often to make sure it hasn't already been asked and about 2 out of 3 tries cannot find an answer[/color]...[/color].[color=darkred]I suggest to the seasoned cruisers not to bother answering if it is annoying to you....[/color][/b][/color]
[b][color=#8b0000][color=seagreen]And by the way...I love this site and thanks for all your help ![/color]:D [/color][/b][/QUOTE]

Isla, which thread was that?? I missed that one too... If that was said, I would definitely suggest hitting the triangle and reporting it, that is uncalled for indeed!!!!

Also, keep in mind as our wonderful Host Randy pointed out a couple of weeks ago, don't hit the triangle and report someone if you have also posted contributing (by replying to the rude poster or saying something rude yourself), it loses credibility. Hit the triangle, report the post, but don't feed into the conversation... I know, I know... that is just common sense, but Randy would not have posted it had it not been a problem :D

Isla, I have looked at the threads to and don't see anything like that, or where anyone was rude... keep in mind that just because someone posts underneath yours, they are not necessarily posting to you... The closest thing I could see was where you asked a question and the next post was someone with a general post stating that we had basically covered all of the hot topics in that thread, and since it was near your post, maybe you assumed they were talking to you. Unless someone uses your name or quotes your post, don't assume they are directing their comments at you... I have done that before and found out that the post was not directed at me. It can be confusing, but I promise it gets easier!!! :D

[quote name='derf5585']Has anyone "Hit" the triangle and for what reason?
Do I see a new poll?[/QUOTE]
Oh good grief Derf would you make a new poll so you can get it out of your system...:) :rolleyes:

Archived