Cabin 4183 AFT on Zuiderdam

drdaddy

Well, I switched over to the aft, Cabin 4183. According to HAL, this is 209 sq. ft. plus the balcony. I thought all the cabins within the same category were the same? We were in Cabin 6080 which was one over from the scenic elevator. HAL says this cabin is 179 sq. ft. plus the balcony.

Anyone one ever been in that aft cabin? Dieing to know what it is like, especially since there are all those reports about the vibrations in the dining room. This is only one deck above the dining room. But we love the aft view and figured, what the heck!

Just curious if anyone been there before.

We were in 4178...the other VB aft cabin last December. We loved it. Great views. Nice sized balcony. The cabin seemed roomy and maybe a little wider then standard...you really noticed it in the hallway between the bathroom and closets. All in all a great bang for the bucks. We would book this cabin again anytime. We did not notice any unusual vibrations however we are not too sensitive to that sort of thing.

We were on the O for a B2B and were in cabins 7126 & 7128 a cat VA and loved it. We loved waving to the people above which were great. No items flew down(napkins & so on) into our bal. No vibrations just great location to get places. We just book for Jan. 2006 also an aft cabin 7130 which has a even bigger bal. I will tell you leaving Mexico with 2 ships behind us and the sun going down was something I will never forget. DH & I took our drinks outside and stayed there watching for over an hour. It was breath taking. Enjoy and we can't wait to be back on HAL even though we are in Europe this Oct. on Celebrity. Hal was so great and the O's service is great. We are hoping the Westerdam is also as good.

TT

Thanks for the good news, especially from DRK. We could have taken 4178 but I guess it didn't really matter. What is the furniture situation in that cabin? They said 4178 was a 2 person only and 4183 had a sofa bed. Thought that might be a bit better furniture wise? At least I may find a couple of extra pillows!

Hope the steward is a good one. I am sure it will be someone different 6 months from now.

We originally were going to just do an Inside guarantee. Last time we lucked out and ended up with an obstructed window which worked out fine for the money we paid. My current TA is a hoot and refused to let me do that because the balcony was a pretty good deal. Supposedly paid for a VD and got a VB. They threw in dinner for 2 at Pinnacle, a couple bottles of wine (we don't drink) and a video. Sounded good to us, esp. the Pinnacle. Worth $40 discount right there because we were going anyway. This is strictly a snorkeling trip for me and a relaxing and reading trip for the DW.

Looking forward to this now. Gotta get through Alaska first.

Archived