Upgrade Fairy kissed us BIG TIME

How do guarantees really work? I booked an inside guarantee on the Enchantment, and when I checked a few days later, I already had a room assignment (basic inside room on the lowest deck). I was surprised, becuse I thought with a guarantee, you got your room assignment a week to a few days before you sail. I am something like 75-80 days from sailing. Is there a chance it could get changed? That would be fantastic. Thanks!

It's different from cruise to cruise. Sometimes you get it the same day, sometimes just a couple of days before the cruise. Depends how good the cruise is selling and there might be another couple of factors we don't know about.

What an incredibly nice surprise after a slight shock at first:

We are leaving on Splendour soon. I always monitor the prices and get daily emails to maybe make a bargain on an cheap upgrade as the sail away day comes closer. Just last saturday we (my wife and our 2 yo) upgraded from a JS to the much bigger Family-JS (FJ) for a decent amount. We were happy as there is only ONE FJ stateroom in the splendour and we got it.

Now the shock: My daily price change mail arrives and states that the FJ is not sold out anymore and available for booking again!

What the ... ?!?

I log in to my cruises on the RCL site and now the surprise:

"Your stateroom: ROYAL SUITE"

WOW!!!

Free Upgrades DO happen! And this one is extraordinary - Thank you, Royal Caribbean!

wow, thats incredible...you must be sooooooooo excited. Good on you :)

Archived