Aft Wrap

dcreech1966

$60 total, or $60 per day? And was it $60 per person? Just asking, because sometimes people don't, then get a little surprise :eek: But yep, you will never go back to a regular balcony! My next aft wrap is July 29th on the Conquest:) Enjoy!!!

Claudia, my TA was surprised it was still available too, with only 8 days to go! I have been watching the price for months on the aft. It was $500 more when I booked the extended aft. Last night it was $200 more and I almost took it then. Then when I checked today, it was only $60 more and I couldn't resist. I'm beyond thrilled!!!!:)

Claudia, my TA was surprised it was still available too, with only 8 days to go! I have been watching the price for months on the aft. It was $500 more when I booked the extended aft. Last night it was $200 more and I almost took it then. Then when I checked today, it was only $60 more and I couldn't resist. I'm beyond thrilled!!!!:)

I wonder if someone cancelled for some reason. We have an aft wrap booked on the Dream for Jan. and they have been sold out for 4 months at least.

Claudia

We booked the cruise in March and it was available then. There were actually 3 aft wraps available in March. A couple of weeks ago 2 of them had been booked. Ours, on the Empress deck, was the last one available. I'm sooooo glad that we got it! YAY!

And I can't help but chime in with a YAY for you too. I love my aft wraps and have definitely been spoiled by them. Have one upcoming on the Glory and have had on the Dream and the Victory. We started with the longer balcony beside the wrap and peeked around and inside cabin - I was sold. Absolutely wonderful balcony and you are gonna love it and LOVE IT even more at that price. Way to go!

Have one for the Glory coming up but got vetoed on the Legend by dh. :( Even though he loves them too, the price was quite high for that trip so went back to a regular balcony. Oh well.

Have a great trip!

We bought the last one on Conquest in Feb. I was looking a photos of other lines in one of the review threads; It seems as though the other cruise lines block off the corner view:

Royal+Caribbean+Cruise+%252828%2529.jpg

NCL_JEWEL_BOW.JPG

I was really really mad at my wife two weeks ago. We decided to go on a last minute cruise. On the Valor there were TWO aft wraps available 3 days before sailing. And they were CHEAP! $1600 for the two of us for a 6 night cruise. But my wife was undecided. I was like "LET'S BOOK NOW!" but she wasn't sure if she could get ready in 3 days. She wanted to sleep on it. The next morning both wraps had been sold. We ended up getting the L-shaped room just in front of the aft wrap, but we paid $100 more for it. It has a large balcony, but not nearly as large as the wraps.

I peeked around the partition a couple of times to look at the balcony we didn't get. It's much more impressive in real life than it is in any pictures I've seen.

Having said that, last week's cruise was our second cruise and the first with a balcony. We didn't end up spending much time on the balcony. We were usually busy doing other things on the ship. Now that we're talking about booking another cruise we're not sure if we want to spend the extra money for a balcony at all. We probably spent a total of 3 hours on our balcony during the entire cruise. That works out to about $200 per hour over the price of a window cabin. If money grew on trees then I'd always pick a wrap or one of the luxury suites. But since I work for a living (sort of) I'm not sure if the balcony is worth the premium to me.

By the way... the reason those nice cabins are available so close to the sailing date is because people put deposits on them but never pay the balance. Shortly before sailing Carnival releases them to be resold at a discount. They already have the deposit from the people who booked it first. Sailing with empty cabins costs them money, so they'd rather let the cabins go cheap than to have them sail empty.

Archived