Aft cabin noise on Summit

KatieBits

We recently booked a cruise on the Summit for March 2013. I have always wanted to try an aft cabin so we decided this time we would and booked 7208. (I wanted on deck 8 but none were available.) Now my question is how much noise will we have from that amazing balcony below us? If I were in that suite I am sure I would be using that wonderful balcony and entertaining friends so of course I expect to hear some noise, everyone should enjoy their cruise and the cabin they paid for, but is it likely to be excessive with music etc. Has anyone had issues with noise when above a large suite?

We recently booked a cruise on the Summit for March 2013. I have always wanted to try an aft cabin so we decided this time we would and booked 7208. (I wanted on deck 8 but none were available.) Now my question is how much noise will we have from that amazing balcony below us? If I were in that suite I am sure I would be using that wonderful balcony and entertaining friends so of course I expect to hear some noise, everyone should enjoy their cruise and the cabin they paid for, but is it likely to be excessive with music etc. Has anyone had issues with noise when above a large suite?

None unless someone books a wild party.

It's a beautiful location that you picked.

Only time I had problem with noise from Penthouse veranda I was not even on an aft veranda, but in 6143. They did like the stereo loud but their choice of music was not bad. I have spent 4 weeks in 7208 (Infinity) and never had a problem but did notice that some people in Penthouse suites like to think they are above the smoking rules.

I suppose this kind of thing is hit or miss. We have had aft balconies on 3 different M-class ships either on Deck 7 or 8. Each time the PS balcony below was very quiet.....

Archived