Chairs vs Parking Places

HondaShadow

We were at a hotel last weekend. Had driven in and car was in parking lot. Left around 5 one day to go to dinner.

I suppose I've been reading too much about chair hogs and seen too much of it on the ships, around the pools, in the theatre, etc.

Because as we were walking toward the car the thought popped into my head to leave a towel in the space to "reserve" it for myself! Of course, I didn't but...

It got me to wondering...obviously, no one would ever think they could save a parking place like that.

Why is a pool chair any different?

Hahahaha! Not a bad idea. I actually save my space during snow days here in Chicago. "We" get pretty territorial when we spend a half an hour or more digging our cars out of the ton of snow....only to find your lazy neighbor parked their car in YOUR space when you get home from work:mad:. We get really creative in using space markers to "reserve" our parking spaces in front of our houses: old beat up lawn chairs, plastic milk crates & garbage cans. I use an orange construction cone, right in the middle of MY parking space. You move it....better be prepared for a confrontation!:eek: It's the unwritten rule: You clear the space......it's yours until the snow melts.:cool:

Will a construction cone fit in your trunk with all that luggage? :rolleyes:

Haha, funny post. We do the same thing here in Western PA. A lawn chair in a dug out parking place is SACRED and better not be moved.

Check out a few episodes of "Seinfeld" about parking places...not moving cars for days because they got a "good" space or arguing about who gets the space--the driver pulling in frontwards or the one backing in.

Anyway, this post gives you something to think about...and smile about!:D

Archived