How many kids in early June?

We booked the June 2, 2013, sailing of Freedom to the Eastern Caribbean. If you have sailed in early June, did you encounter tons of kids, or is that early enough to beat the beginning of summer break for the most part?

Around here, school gets out around June 10, give or take a few days. I wouldn't expect to see as many kids on a June 2 sailing. But RCI is family-oriented line, so there will be a fair number on any sailing.

Duration of the cruise seems to be a better indicator of how many kids you can expect than time of the year. I just got back from a June 7th Carnival cruise which still isn't quite summer yet the ship was crawling with them. A 4-5 day cruise on Carnival or RCI will always have lots of kids regardless of the time of year. From what I hear the cruises with the fewest kids are the ones that sail for more than a week.

There will be more kids than May, but probably less than July. A lot of the southern states (definiely Georgia and Alabama), schools get out the last week or two of May, and a lot of families from the south cruise on Freedom because it is an easy drive to Port Canaveral.

Archived