New Style of Coors Cases of Beer

Has anyone seen the new commercials for the Coors case that you add ice right into the case itself? My DH mentioned that this may be a good idea for cruises, he spotted them at the local beer distributor and said they're an 18 pack of plastic bottles.

Something to look into.

My only concern with that would be that Carnival might not sell those plastic bottles. If I was walking around drinking beer which Carnival does not sell, I would be paranoid...:o The only plastic bottles of beer that (I have seen) Carnival sells is the 16oz. Miller Lite...

Example: we bring wine on the ship (in our carryon luggage) - we have 2 general "types" : those which CCL sells, and those which they do not. We consume the "they do not sell" wine in our cabin. We take the others to the dining room each night and indicate we received it in our cabin as a bon voyage gift (and we have, thusfar, not been charged a corkage fee)...

Tom

Example: we bring wine on the ship (in our carryon luggage) - we have 2 general "types" : those which CCL sells, and those which they do not. We consume the "they do not sell" wine in our cabin. We take the others to the dining room each night and indicate we received it in our cabin as a bon voyage gift (and we have, thusfar, not been charged a corkage fee)...

Tom

Now THAT is a great idea! We always take the wine to dinner and just take our chances on the corkage fee.

As far as the Coors case goes, I'd bet the other companies will have something like this shortly. ;)

Coors huh? You realize they DO have toilets onboard right, you could probably just drink from there and not worry about smuggling anything onboard :p ;) :D j/k!

lol...In a blind taste test I doubt I could the differece between Coors and Bottled water.

Coors huh? You realize they DO have toilets onboard right, you could probably just drink from there and not worry about smuggling anything onboard :p ;) :D j/k!

So, GC you're telling us you're NOT a Coors fan?

:confused:

My only concern with that would be that Carnival might not sell those plastic bottles. If I was walking around drinking beer which Carnival does not sell, I would be paranoid...:o The only plastic bottles of beer that (I have seen) Carnival sells is the 16oz. Miller Lite...

Hmmm... nothing a beer huggy wouldn't cure! Just peel the top Coors Light label off (the one on the neck) and stick the beer in a huggy! The new Coors Light 16 oz bottles look just like the Miller Lite ones, as long as the label is obscured. ;)

Hmmm... nothing a beer huggy wouldn't cure! Just peel the top Coors Light label off (the one on the neck) and stick the beer in a huggy! The new Coors Light 16 oz bottles look just like the Miller Lite ones, as long as the label is obscured. ;)

ahhhh - the fine art of deception :D

As far as smuggling, when not TRULY illegal: Nothing ventured... NOTHING gained! :cool:

BOTTOMS UP! ;)

Tom

Has anyone ever heard of what they do if they catch you with smuggled wine or beer? Wine I suppose they would just charge a corkage fee, but what about beer? A "church key" fee? :p Just wondering if they confiscate it or what. Maybe they throw ya in the brig. :eek:

GC That was cold, funny but cold. Hating on Coors...? Lighter beer= you can drink more. You know you need to stay hydrated in the tropics ,right?

I've tried the ice-down cases and they leak. I bought one and iced it down for a quick trip to the lake. By the time I got there the carpet in the truck was wet.

GC That was cold, funny but cold. Hating on Coors...? Lighter beer= you can drink more. You know you need to stay hydrated in the tropics ,right?

I've tried the ice-down cases and they leak. I bought one and iced it down for a quick trip to the lake. By the time I got there the carpet in the truck was wet.

Thanks for the review! We don't drink Coors but DH mentioned that all the companies might jump on the bandwagon with the idea.

We'll stick with our rolling cooler.

LOL Pirate, I can't help it :p It was the taste born in the Rockies, too bad that is also where the Buffalo pee pee :eek:

I agree, I love Light beer... but Light beer can also be good :p

Okay, sorry for the Coors bashing... I do realize that there are some places in the country that don't have good beer :D (oops, there I go again, really... i"m just kidding! LOL)

You mean there are places without Corona?? :eek:

My sons like Yuengling...local brew available in some states but not in Seattle where the oldest lives. After the wedding three weeks ago he took 16 bottles home in his carry-on. He probably threw some clothes away to fit it in! He has his priorities in the right place! :D

GC Funny! Really all light beers are pretty bland.

In college we used to bash Pearl Light beer (small Texas brewery, now out of business) with the saying that Pearl and "intimacy" in a canoe had one thing in common. Both were close to water. The non-paraphrased version is funnier.

We'd get pitchers for 99 cents though. If we had money we'd buy a bottle of Guiness and pour that in just for flavor.

My sons like Yuengling...local brew available in some states but not in Seattle where the oldest lives. After the wedding three weeks ago he took 16 bottles home in his carry-on. He probably threw some clothes away to fit it in! He has his priorities in the right place! :D

"Ying-Ling", my son lives in Allentown and that's all they drink. It's cheap and they're college kids! When he comes home he looks for DH's NewCastles in the fridge. :D

Tom

That is ingenious!! We may have to do that next time!! I learn something new here everyday!

You can bring what ever beer you want in moderation and drink it where ever you want. The only people that will say anything are the chair hog police and you can never find them so drink up!!! Seriously no one cares what you are drinking!!!! I walked around with a 5th of vodka and no one said a thing...

Just be carfull of the down stream beer,,,, from the loggers up stream!!!!:p

Originally Posted by Bunkie103

My sons like Yuengling...local brew available in some states but not in Seattle where the oldest lives.

"Ying-Ling", my son lives in Allentown and that's all they drink. It's cheap and they're college kids! When he comes home he looks for DH's NewCastles in the fridge. :D

YUENGLING is also huge here in Rochester and it is America's Oldest Brewery. http://www.yuengling.com/

Our local Miller sales reps sells this and it is served in our local Elks Lodge -you can get it cheap at the lodge ($1.50 pint) But it is not cheap here in the local bars - bottles/cans run around $3-$4 each..sometimes more. We were given a gift of a 12 pack of a new Yueingling Black & Tan. We opened one today after doing yard work and it was quite tasty. My SO liked it a lot. I just had a sip (or two)

I HAVE seen the commercials..I thought the cooler concept was very interesting

Thanks for the review! We don't drink Coors but DH mentioned that all the companies might jump on the bandwagon with the idea.

We'll stick with our rolling cooler.

Rolling Rock has been doing that for years....30 packs in little collapsible coolers...the coolers are actually pretty decent....just stick a small trash-bag in them to be safe...

We have those up here for labatts blue have had for the last couple of summers that I recall,, never tried one since I do not drink that beer,, but I agree add a garbage bag to prevent leakage...

Interesting idea. Where could I find a list of the types of wine Carnival sells?

Interesting idea. Where could I find a list of the types of wine Carnival sells?

Someone else posted this... it is, at least, a partial list:

Wines and Champagne -

Bottle Glass (6oz) Asti, Martini & Rossi $20.00 ---

Moet & Chandon, White Star $58.00 ---

Korbell, Brut $21.00 $4.95

White Zinfandel, Beringer $21.00 $4.95

Sauvignon Blanc, Beringer $27.00 $6.25

Fume Blanc, Robert Mondavi $29.00 $6.50

Chardonnay Reserva, Caliterra $25.00 $5.75

Chardonnay, Meridian $27.00 $6.25

Chardonnay, Beringer $29.00 $6.50

Gamay Beaujolais, Beringer $20.00 $4.50