Venice Port to railway station

Scottygirl1

Hi - we dissembark the Regatta at Venice on 8th August and I have a couple of questions. Firstly, where will our ship be dissembarking? Being a smaller ship I presume it will not be in where the main ships are?

Second question, does anyone know what our options are for getting to the railway station. Does Oceania run a shuttle? Is there a public shuttle from there? Someone told me that the taxis took so long they missed their train connection so I just thought I'd make a plan :)

Being a smaller vessel, Regatta will most likely dock at the SAN BASILIO piers. In this case walk out of the terminal, turn right and walk over one bridge to reach the the San Basilio Vaporetto stop. Take a # 2 Vaporetto from this stop in the direction of Piazzale de Roma. The vaporetto will take you past a couple of stops to Piazzale de Roma then continues onto the next stop Ferrovia (Railway) . Alight there and the Venezia St. Lucia railway station is right at your feet.

If Regatta berths at the main cruise terminal then - take the People Mover to Piazzale de Roma, then walk over the new modern pedestrian bridge to reach St. Lucia station on your left .

Suggest you e-mail Oceania Cruises to find out exactly where Regatta is going to berth in Venezia .

Hi there

I am on this cruise too and very much looking forward to it! I've just checked the Venice Port schedule http://www.vtp.it/calendario/ and it is showing that we are in Marittima - the main cruise terminal. I guess this is as it is there three days / two nights (night before our cruise starts too).

Hope this helps...

Hi there

I am on this cruise too and very much looking forward to it! I've just checked the Venice Port schedule http://www.vtp.it/calendario/ and it is showing that we are in Marittima - the main cruise terminal. I guess this is as it is there three days / two nights (night before our cruise starts too).

Hope this helps...

Thank you!! You are a star, this makes it so much easier as we can either walk or get the people mover (or a shuttle if there is one).

Being a smaller vessel, Regatta will most likely dock at the SAN BASILIO piers. In this case walk out of the terminal, turn right and walk over one bridge to reach the the San Basilio Vaporetto stop. Take a # 2 Vaporetto from this stop in the direction of Piazzale de Roma. The vaporetto will take you past a couple of stops to Piazzale de Roma then continues onto the next stop Ferrovia (Railway) . Alight there and the Venezia St. Lucia railway station is right at your feet.

If Regatta berths at the main cruise terminal then - take the People Mover to Piazzale de Roma, then walk over the new modern pedestrian bridge to reach St. Lucia station on your left .

Suggest you e-mail Oceania Cruises to find out exactly where Regatta is going to berth in Venezia .

Be aware that walking over the pedestrian bridge with luggage can be a challenge. The bridge is all steps, up and down. There will be "helpful" gentlemen offering assistance and who will expect a tip.

Checking out this area on Google Maps or Google Earth will be helpful for you.

Once you get to the RR station the entry way also has significant steps, there is a ramp you can wheel your luggage up to your right.

Archived