Gaspe vs Perce

Our ship is docking in Gaspe. Is it really necessary to go to Perce for some good sightseeing? If Gaspe is a nice place to walk and explore, we would like to just stay there for the day. Can anyone guide us as to what we should expect to see in Gaspe so we can make a decision? Thanks.

Our ship is docking in Gaspe. Is it really necessary to go to Perce for some good sightseeing? If Gaspe is a nice place to walk and explore, we would like to just stay there for the day. Can anyone guide us as to what we should expect to see in Gaspe so we can make a decision? Thanks.

There really isn't a whole lot in Gaspe from what we found in 2009. All I really remember is a Tim Hortons just a short walk (across the bridge) from the tender dock :D. Really in hindsight I would have taken a tour to Perce or rented a car.

Thanks for the response. That is what I was afraid of. How close is the car rental place to the dock?

I hope someone else can answer that, as I really have no idea. We didn't really look into it at all, but in hindsight that is what we should have done.

I don't recall a car rental anywhere near the dock. We took a ship's tour to Perce. We had a nice walking tour for about an hour and then some time on our own to have a snack or do more walking. It's very pretty there, and we had a nice day, just strolling and taking pictures. There are some shops and restaurants. We went late in the season, so a lot was closed.

Are you sailing north or south? Depending on your itinerary, you may sail close enough to Perce to get a look at the rock (that's the main attraction). We were southbound, and sailed by Perce in the late afternoon. I got my best shots of the rock right from my balcony. Go figure.

• 1 year later...

I don't know when you will be there; but a lot of folks on our roll call are using Ken's Local Guided Tours http://www.infogaspesie.com/ville.php?Vacances=112.

He uses a bus and charges $40 PP. Since we aren't going until next month, I can't tell you how it is; but it is the best option we found.

Archived