Delta Airlines

Billymac

We are booked on the NCL Sun on Feb. 6, 2013. The last time we Flew Delta was to NOLA and back from Detroit and they changed our direct flights to one stop flights. When we cruised in Feb. of this year we flew direct flights on American, Detroit-Miami return. Has anybody else had issues with Delta changing direct flights to one stop flights after your reservation is made? We heard from some people on our last cruise that this happened to them. This was not only Detroit-Miami return but other destinations as well.We just don't like having stopovers if we can avoid them. We are looking for some input before we book our air.

Thanks.

Will let you know. We are booked From FLL to DTW in Oct. return flight, suppose to be non-stop. I know for fact Spirit does it as it just happened to me first week of June.

It is usually cheaper to fly into FLL than Miami , may want to check that out as well. Usually more than offsets the transportation cost to get to Miami and back.

I feel your pain, but unfortunately, all airlines do this. If they have not sold enough seats on a flight, they can and do change the original schedules (all the time). I can't tell you how many times our flight time has changed. Then once we arrived to an airport for our connecting flight, we find out the connecting flight has changed gates at the last minute. (ATL is the worst for doing this--just in our experience anyway)

It's just all a part of flying. The main question is did they get you to your destination on time? I also hate connecting flights, but it's just about impossible to get non-stop out of our airports.

We love Delta and always fly them now, after having really bad experiences on American & USAirways.

Never had an issue with the flight schedule being changed from Delta. We fly out of Detroit too by the way. :p I can understand your frustration though, we try to avoid flights with layovers if we can as well!! Good luck to you!

Delta is the worst in my opinion. We booked our fights 9 months in advance. We had good regular seats in row 12 or so. Then with no notice, at about 6 months out, they cancelled the flight, moved the time by 15 minutes and pushed us back to row 43. So I saw this by accident and changed seats to row 21 or so. Then with 3 months out, they did it again. Pushed us to row 43. I got new seats but now was in row 30+/-. Then finally with about 30 days to go, they again made major flight changes. This time they changed equipment and also changed the flight so we had a 6 hour layover. And each time we were never notified about the changes and our seats were assigned to the rear of the plane. After the last change, I demanded free Club passes which they gave me. For me, I will try to avoid Delta and fly American when possible.

We had a non-stop flight on Delta in February 2011 from Grand Rapids to FLL. They discontinued that flight shortly after and we had to have a connection in Detroit. They called my cell phone, apologized and said we needed to rebook. They rebooked us, gave us each $300 vouchers and let me change my seating to the exit row. (By the way, it was a one-way flight that cost $150 each--we flew Air Tran the other way.). We then took a bump on this flight and received 2 more $300 vouchers. Used them in February 2012. Took another bump with those and received 2 $400 vouchers which we will be using in April 2013. So, I have no problem with Delta. So, for $150 each, we will soon be on our 3rd trip to Florida.

Fblack

We may be fortunate in the Midwest, but Delta is a major hub out of DTW with many non-stop flights to FLL.

As with all airlines they may change their schedule at anytime. Is it Fair, not in the least bit. I actually told Spirit customer service that it was comparable to a Bait and Switch tactic. At which time they sent me their carrier policy. NICE!

Until there is some type of intervention the airlines will continue to do as they please. Give it some time and the airlines will start charging to use the bathroom.

Delta is still digesting its merger with NW and DTW was a NW hub. Lots of consolidation as they're killing smaller hubs such as CVG. You'll see the same thing as CO digests UA (even if the surviving entity is UA). And who knows what will happen if US acquires AA.

What I'd be peeved about is if I had paid more for a non-stop and got shifted to a trip requiring changes which would have cost (much) less in the first place. In such a case, see if flight times have changed so much that you can get a refund if you can buy a new ticket for less.

Archived