Experiences with "guarantee" bookings?

I've booked a balcony guarantee four times. Once I ended up with an obstructed view. they were ok rooms. Twice had a regular cabin. This past spring I got an extended balcony on the Pride it was 2 foot deeper.

I'm not sure how they assign the cabins. I think they may do it by the $$ paid not when you book the guarantee. The Pride cabin was booked less than 5 weeks before sailing. I was pretty sure I was getting an OV balcony but was pleasantly suprized.

I think you will be safe because the Freedom has no OV balconies. You may get lucky & get a larger one.

The key to a guarantee is to be happy with the worst cabin in the category. What is bad for one is heaven for others.

We have done guarantees twice and been lucky with our cabins.

The key to a guarantee is to be happy with the worst cabin in the category. What is bad for one is heaven for others.

We have done guarantees twice and been lucky with our cabins.

This is exactly what I was going to say. We've done one guarantee, but not on Carnival. Got exactly what we paid for, no upgrade.

OP, I've never been on Freedom so can't say anything about bad balconies. But in general, look at the deck plans and see where the balcony rooms are. If they're over or under noisy public spaces, or near elevator/stairs, those are the cabin locations I tend to avoid.

Archived