Educate me about RCCL, PLEASE!

My husband and I have only cruised on Carnival. We're considering a cruise on RCI just for the itinerary, but I'm super unhappy about their web site. It's frustrating the daylights out of me. I did call and speak to someone who was extremely helpful in answering my questions. I was very impressed with her customer service skills, but I still can't bounce back and forth between web sites and get the answers I need. I have tried looking at reviews of the ship we'd be sailing on but they're not addressing the specific questions I have either. I guess we won't know until we try another line, but it's a little scary taking that leap. I want to be able to see the deck plans, the room interior, and some other things that should be available on RCI's web site, but are not working. The site keeps bouncing me back to main pages. We're not planning to sail until July of 2013 so we do have some time. I guess I'll continue to make a lists and call when I need answers. Carnival has a similar cruise for the dates we want but doesn't visit Sweden, which we really want to do as my husband is half Swedish and neither of us has been there. I'm not opposed to trying another line, but I want to be able to weigh all my options before deciding for sure.

You said that it is a little scary taking a leap to try another cruise line....wasn't it taking a leap to try carnival in the first place. Try it, don't put your expectations to high and you will have a great time......on any cruise. As someone else said, you have to work hard at having a bad time.

I have decided to sail on Royal because I liked the itinerary that was available and wanted to try CocoCay. However,I must say I had a BLAST on Carnival.. Carnival does have bigger rooms, beds are so comfortable and 24/7 free room service. They also give an amenity basket and bathrobes in all cabins- The Melting Cake is awesome and I found all the food really good!! You can also bring a bottle of wine and pop on board and no drink certificates. Lots of little things they do that I see RCCL does not. Friend recommend them and I am keeping an open mind and hoping for a good time. Most of the reviews I have read are good but keep seeing a lot of people complaining about the food. But, you will never know if you don't give it a try so I say, go for it.

Biggest difference in room service, RCCL offers hot breakfast carnival only continental.

Stars, I couldn't have asked for better responses on my original question! Thank you all so much! We're looking to spread our wings and give RCCL a try in the very near future and also perhaps Princess. So glad I asked, and so glad you were willing to help us out! THANKS and HAPPY CRUISING!:):p

Archived