Grand Cayman-Rum Point Questions??

Anybody out there ever gone to Rum Point-better than 7 mile beach?

How do u get there? I've heard there is a Rum Point ferry that leaves from some hotel (can't remember which one)-also can u take a taxi there-how much?

Thanks,

T. Stone

We fell in love with Grand Cayman after our cruise there last year, so we just went back for a week. We spent one day at Rum point, there was a bar and restaurant and sand volleyball and beach loungers there. I think there is a ferry from Hyatt (not sure, we had a rental car.) We spent the rest of the week on seven mile beach, there is a bar and restaurant just behind the Comfort suites and there are sand chairs and umbrellas just down the beach from there. My kids thought the snorkeling was better at rum point. But I just like to lounge and read so 7 mile is great to me.

getmessy

I went to Rum Point last month. It was part of a Rays/Reef and Rum Point excursion with Native Way. I posted my review on the Ports of Call - Grand Cayman boards. I am not sure about getting there privately but I did enjoy it very much. You might want to check out the Ports of Call board and ask there.

Yep.....this is what we did....We took the Wrangler jeep and let the top down.......LOVED IT!........Yes use the map and you can take a short cut back......only took me like 30 to 35 minutes to get back.:D

Just got off the Miracle May 8 and were to Rum Point. Rented a car through the above link. They were out of the most inexpensive ones going for about $20 a day, so we rented a Honda Civic for $39 total. The good part is that you don't have to replenish the gas and it was a very easy drive. Just followed the cars in front of us and somehow we got to Rum Point. Rum Point Beach isn't a very large area in itself but you can walk either side of it pretty far. The beach is great for kids! Very shallow and lots of shade with free lounges and hammocks. We went first thing in the morning after getting off the ship and there were only a few people there, had the beach all to ourselves. After noon more people started arriving, by car and by boat. And no the ferry is not running from the Hyatt. You can only get there by private car or the Rum, stingray tour. It's about a 30-45 min drive from the airport. There were thimble jellyfish in the water throughout our trip!! Lots of them.

If you are looking for a nice beach -- 7 mile beach is much better. We have been to Grand Cayman for weeks at a time and love 7 mile beach and Rum Point. We make a point of going to Rum Point when cruise ships are not at the Island and it's fine. But the beach is definately better at 7 mile beach.

I've never been to Rum Point but plan to go this year. What do you like better about 7 mile?

We are going to rent our car through this company they will pick you up from the pier and drive you to the airport where you will pick up your rental. They have been reccommended all over Cruise Critic. I've found the rates to be less then AVIS but I do believe you have to fill the tank before your return.

http://www.andys.ky/

Archived