Thanks Carnival....I am now "Platinum" again

sharecruises

When the new "VIPF" program came out I logged in to see that I was now Gold...when before I had been Platinum.

I did call them and emailed them...and when I logged back in...I am now Platinum again. Not that I really "use" it much but I did use the free laundry 2x on my ALASKA cruise. I also like having the "front desk" line perk

Sooooo....IF your VIFP is showing wrong, no need to flip out....they seem to be fixing it. They fixed mine :D

When the new "VIPF" program came out I logged in to see that I was now Gold...when before I had been Platinum.

I did call them and emailed them...and when I logged back in...I am now Platinum again. Not that I really "use" it much but I did use the free laundry 2x on my ALASKA cruise. I also like having the "front desk" line perk

Sooooo....IF your VIFP is showing wrong, no need to flip out....they seem to be fixing it. They fixed mine :D

Good for you and good for the good customer service that comes from Carnival.

As ive said previously ive no real loyalty to a particular line. I like them all but find the port convenience making Carnival more attractive as I can drive 45 minutes to the ship from the OC. I tend to stay on board so the destination matters little. Anyway I'm just a cruiser with Carnival (have some unnecessary status with Celebrity and RCI but it never mattered...but my friend has 8 CCL cruises but has two from long ago that don't appear so now only 6. She wonders if its true that if you have 10 by Dec '13 if she will be Plat. We cruise together and will likely take 3-4 cruises a year going forward al an easy target if CCL remains the only dedicated west coast line. Thanks for the insight.

Here is the email I received from Carnival trying to apology to their most loyal cruisers.

Dear Milestone Guest,

I am writing to you to express our sincere apologies for the confusion and disappointment related to how our Milestone Rewards program is incorporated into our new VIFP Club recognition program. A number of our loyal guests who have sailed 25-plus times with Carnival have expressed their disappointment with our decision not to issue Milestone cards to everyone who has reached the 25-plus threshold on every subsequent sailing. Additionally, it has come to our attention that misinformation was provided by several of our call center associates and other Carnival employees related to how the two programs would work together in the future. On behalf of all of us at Carnival, I’m very sorry.

The changes we have announced are designed to make certain that we properly recognize members celebrating their 25th, 50th, 75th and 100th cruise while also improving the recognition elements of the Platinum level by investing more in the elite members’ party, as well as improving the quality of the gifts delivered on each sailing. While I can understand and appreciate the disappointment in no longer receiving a Milestone card, I am confident that when you experience the new elements onboard, you will see that we have taken positive steps to further recognize your value to Carnival.

It is also true that we have changed some of the current benefits, including changes to laundry service and guarantees of dining times and reservations. The changes in the laundry service and dining guarantees are necessary given the growth in the number of Platinum members, and our unwillingness to promise a benefit that we know we cannot always fulfill. While we know thedecision to make these changes has opened us up to some justifiable criticism, we would rather make these modifications to the program now than over-promise and under-deliver on board.

Please be assured, these changes were not made lightly. But our goal is to deliver a consistent, fun and memorable experience to our most loyal guests. We believe these changes will allow us to do just that as well as position us to continue to deliver on that promise well into the future.

Thank you so very much for your loyalty to Carnival. We greatly value your business and I look forward to seeing you on board, enjoying the new VIFP Club benefits very soon.

Sincerely,

James Berra

Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer

Now if you agree with these, then we all wish you happy cruising. However, it your one of thousands that have been deceived by Carnival, I encourage you to contact Carnival Rewards program manager Shelia Wever at Carnival Corporate Offices at 800 438 6744 ext 24211

Either we stand up for what is right or we roll over and let Carnival treat their most loyal cruisers like dirt.

You realize this kind of pitchfork campaign can be viewed as extremist harassment?

Now if you agree with these, then we all wish you happy cruising. However, it your one of thousands that have been deceived by Carnival, I encourage you to contact Carnival Rewards program manager Shelia Wever at Carnival Corporate Offices at 800 438 6744 ext 24211

Either we stand up for what is right or we roll over and let Carnival treat their most loyal cruisers like dirt.

You must have got in touch with the right person. I emailed Carnival and even booked another cruise, and I'm STILL showing Gold. My PVP said she would check on it and try to get it fixed.

:(

Hi...I called the 800 number . I never use PVP's.

They noted my problem and also gave me this email address and I wrote to them using my info

pastguest@carnival.com

They fixed it in about a week I think, I am sure they will fix yours. Hang in there and happy cruising :)

You realize this kind of pitchfork campaign can be viewed as extremist harassment?

It's not harassment, just the facts! Milestone cruisers were lied to and now they are being treated like just another cruiser.

I was a lowly Gold person and was lowered down to Red with the recent change. I spoke to my PVP about Carnival's lack of wisdom in downgrading people. She checked and told me that since we are 1 day away from being Gold, on our next cruise we would be Gold, since we will cross that barrier on the cruise. This is more than I expected, but still think it is bad policy to downgrade past guests.

Got a call back from Shelia Wever at Carnival today. She apologized (over and over again) for not calling right back. It seems that her voice mail has been full every time she looks at it since word of the new program was released. She stated that they are being inundated by Milestone members and that she is aware of the problem, but she has no power to do anything about it other then forwarded all comments she receives. At least someone at Carnival is being bombarded with calls.

So, if you have been deceived by Carnival (or just don't like the new program), I encourage you to contact Carnival Rewards program manager Shelia Wever at Carnival Corporate Offices at 800 438 6744 ext 24211 or call Carnival Corporate Offices and ask for Rob Boston (VP of Costumer Marketing) or Jesse Barra (Senior VP). You won't get a call back from them as they will forward the message to Shelia, but they will know that your calling).

Hi...I called the 800 number . I never use PVP's.

They noted my problem and also gave me this email address and I wrote to them using my info

pastguest@carnival.com

They fixed it in about a week I think, I am sure they will fix yours. Hang in there and happy cruising :)

Thanks for that info. I may email them if this isn't fixed. I have a LONG time til my next cruise, but it just gets on my nerves that I am Platinum and they downgraded my status online to Gold. I will try to be patient, but this is a pretty big screw up on their part and they need to fix it. Patience, patience... (saying to myself)!

Archived