Captain Bryan or Sting Ray Sailing?

Emerson12

Hi- we will be in Grand Cayman in September and I was wanting to book a Sting Ray excursion. I have been debating between Captain Bryan's Sting Ray tour and Sting Ray Sailing. Does anyone have any experience on either or pictures?

Thanks

We took Stingray Sailing in Aug 2010. We had a great day. You go out on a catamaran - I think they take a max of 29 people. On the day we went it was pretty close to the max, but it didn't seem crowded. My family (2 adults and 3 teens) hung out on the trampoline part at the front of the boat.

We were met at the port, then when everyone in the group had arrived, we walked over to a shuttle bus and were driven to the marina where we boarded the boat. We visited stingray city for a bit, then moved on to the coral reef for snorkelling. For the trip home, they put up the sails. We returned back on the shuttle bus to the port.

The entire day was really enjoyable. They took pics of us with the stingrays that were available to purchase if you wanted.

I would have no problem booking them again for that excursion!

I booked Stingray Sailing for my visit in November on high recommendations from someone on my rollcall. He's done it 3x already and has booked it again. I like the idea of the catamaran vs a boat. A catamaran you can sit, looking out at the water while on most boats you sit with your back to the view. The idea of sailing back just sounds so much more relaxing. This is the excursion I'm looking forward to most for our cruise.

We did The Buccaneer Catamaran with Capt. Bryan's a few years ago. It was great, nice tour, great price, but was lacking in 'personality" a little bit. The following year we booked Stingray Sailing and had a very pleasant booking experience, but when we got to port, the winds were too rough and all water excursions were cancelled, so we never got to experience it.

All being said, I think next time we will try Stingraysailing once again. They seemed like really nice and accomodating people. They were even going to get some specialty booze on board for us.

We did The Buccaneer Catamaran with Capt. Bryan's a few years ago. It was great, nice tour, great price, but was lacking in 'personality" a little bit. The following year we booked Stingray Sailing and had a very pleasant booking experience, but when we got to port, the winds were too rough and all water excursions were cancelled, so we never got to experience it.

All being said, I think next time we will try Stingraysailing once again. They seemed like really nice and accomodating people. They were even going to get some specialty booze on board for us.

Yes, I asked them about purchasing drinks on board and they told me they have a cash bar and what they usually stock but told me to let them know what we wanted and they would have it there. Luckily, we are Bud Light drinkers and that was on their bar menu :D

We just returned from our stingraycity sailing. We had a great time. It was a fantastic day. Enjoy!!

Cya@sea, can you give us a little review on the excursion? I'd love to hear about it especially the timing and how long you were on the catamaran to head back to the ship?

I didn't really keep track of time. I'll try to remember the best I can.

We got off the ship soon after they started tendering as we booked the first excursion time. We easily found Stingray sailing's tent. We waited maybe 15 minutes for the rest of the people in our group. We boarded the van/bus and headed to the boat. We first went to the Stingrays and the crew was terrific, then out to snorkeling at the reef. we were never rushed and really were comfortable with the boat and crew. There is a photographer taking pics of you during the stingrays. We were never pressured to purchasing anything, We did buy our pics. There was soda and beer for purchase on board (sodas 1.00 and beer maybe 3.00) We bought soda so I am not sure of beer price exactly. There is free bottled water as well. We were given the option of dropped off at one of the beaches or the pier. We went back to the pier. We had plenty off time to shop or roam around after excursion. We had a great time and would go again in a minute. Stingray Sailings was awesome. I have done the stingrays with a couple other operators, I really liked Stingray Sailing and would definitely use them again without a second thought. Have a wonderful time in GC.

We got off the ship soon after they started tendering as we booked the first excursion time. We easily found Stingray sailing's tent. We waited maybe 15 minutes for the rest of the people in our group. We boarded the van/bus and headed to the boat. We first went to the Stingrays and the crew was terrific, then out to snorkeling at the reef. we were never rushed and really were comfortable with the boat and crew. There is a photographer taking pics of you during the stingrays. We were never pressured to purchasing anything, We did buy our pics. There was soda and beer for purchase on board (sodas 1.00 and beer maybe 3.00) We bought soda so I am not sure of beer price exactly. There is free bottled water as well. We were given the option of dropped off at one of the beaches or the pier. We went back to the pier. We had plenty off time to shop or roam around after excursion. We had a great time and would go again in a minute. Stingray Sailings was awesome. I have done the stingrays with a couple other operators, I really liked Stingray Sailing and would definitely use them again without a second thought. Have a wonderful time in GC.

Good over view of the trip cya. We just did the trip as well and it was a ton of fun. I will say after seeing some of the other boats PACKED with people I felt great about my choice to go with stingraysailing.com.

We had about 45 minutes to wait in the morning as we were on the first tender off the boat. There was plenty to keep us busy while we waited. We then met the rest of our group and went to the dock where the boat was kept (maybe a 15 minute drive) After the stingray portion we snorkeled. The snorkel stop was very good especially if you are a little more adventurous and go farther out into the reef. (Most didnt) after the trip we were offered to be dropped at 7 mile beach as well. We headed back to the dock and went shopping. I also had enough time to squeeze in a tattoo in Georgetown. Time after the snorkel was about 2 hours or so I would say. We were not on the LAST tender but close to it. No pier running for us!

All in all it was a fantastic excursion that I would recommend.

Cya@sea, thanks for the review. I looked on their webpage and can't find any excursion times listed. My confirmation told me to be at the pier for 12:15pm for the 12:30pm excursion(island time). We dock at 10am. What time was your excursion? I was hoping to start earlier to have more time afterwards to shop or go to the beach. Thanks for the prices of the drinks. $3 for a beer isn't bad at all. Were the pics on a CD for you to see before you purchased them? How much did they charge?

Sorry for all the questions :confused:

Good over view of the trip cya. We just did the trip as well and it was a ton of fun. I will say after seeing some of the other boats PACKED with people I felt great about my choice to go with stingraysailing.com.

We had about 45 minutes to wait in the morning as we were on the first tender off the boat. There was plenty to keep us busy while we waited. We then met the rest of our group and went to the dock where the boat was kept (maybe a 15 minute drive) After the stingray portion we snorkeled. The snorkel stop was very good especially if you are a little more adventurous and go farther out into the reef. (Most didnt) after the trip we were offered to be dropped at 7 mile beach as well. We headed back to the dock and went shopping. I also had enough time to squeeze in a tattoo in Georgetown. Time after the snorkel was about 2 hours or so I would say. We were not on the LAST tender but close to it. No pier running for us!

All in all it was a fantastic excursion that I would recommend.

Malinger, thank you for the review also. I'm a new snorkeler so I doubt I'll be adventurous but I'm sure to me it will be just beautiful.

Cya@sea, thanks for the review. I looked on their webpage and can't find any excursion times listed. My confirmation told me to be at the pier for 12:15pm for the 12:30pm excursion(island time). We dock at 10am. What time was your excursion? I was hoping to start earlier to have more time afterwards to shop or go to the beach. Thanks for the prices of the drinks. $3 for a beer isn't bad at all. Were the pics on a CD for you to see before you purchased them? How much did they charge?

Sorry for all the questions :confused:

Malinger, thank you for the review also. I'm a new snorkeler so I doubt I'll be adventurous but I'm sure to me it will be just beautiful.

Our excursion was earlier than noon, I am sure of that. We had the morning excursion our ship Freedom of the seas docked before 10am. The pics were shown to us before we bought them. We were 2 families that went in on pics and it was 40 each family. We got ALOT of pics. They burn the cd of them and you take it with you. I was again VERY happy with Stingray Sailing.

Our excursion was earlier than noon, I am sure of that. We had the morning excursion our ship Freedom of the seas docked before 10am. The pics were shown to us before we bought them. We were 2 families that went in on pics and it was 40 each family. We got ALOT of pics. They burn the cd of them and you take it with you. I was again VERY happy with Stingray Sailing.

Thank you again. I'm going to contact them to see if they have something maybe an hour earlier so I can have more time on the other end.

Archived