Luggage question for Dawn

We have 4 ppl traveling, each with only one bag. Are we REQUIRED to check luggage? Or, can we bring all 4 as "carry-ons?"

Thanks!

You can carry them on as long as they fit thru the scanner - Same size as Airport.

shoreguy,

the weight limit is 80 lbs right? Do you think a 32" suitcase, a carry on, and another smaller suitcase will exceed that? I'm such a heavy packer and there's no way I can bring 2 pieces (incl. carryon)..I need a third. What do you think? I know this is a really odd question, forgive me. :o :D

shoreguy,

the weight limit is 80 lbs right? Do you think a 32" suitcase, a carry on, and another smaller suitcase will exceed that? I'm such a heavy packer and there's no way I can bring 2 pieces (incl. carryon)..I need a third. What do you think? I know this is a really odd question, forgive me. :o :D

relax - never heard of an 80 lb limit - if it is there it is per bag. I have seen passengers with 100s of # of luggage :D

AFAIK, the only restrictions I have heard are for international overseas air travellers who have a weight restriction on their luggage. On our trip from Europe, we got dinged hard. Mind you there was a lot of liquor in the baggage.

Most airlines are now enforcing baggage weight limits, American is now limiting 2 suitcases each no more than 50 pounds for domestic flights. Oher airlines have similar rules and fees. they charge for excess bagaggae, $25 for up to 75 pounds, $50 for up to 100 pounds and will not accept bags weighing more than 100 pounds. Extra suitcases are $80 each. So even if the cruise line has higher limits, \the airlines do not.

shoreguy,

The weight limit on NCL is 200 LB'S, according to NCL's WEB site..

How many suitcases can I bring?

Each person is allowed up to 200 pounds of personal luggage on board. However, if you are traveling by air, ask the airline if it has different restrictions. Airlines and NCL have limited liability for loss, so be sure all baggage and personal belongings are properly insured. Suitcases should be securely locked and tagged. You should hand-carry medication, jewelry or other valuables and important documents. Unquote

Most Airlines have weight/size restrictions for both Domestic & International flights.. Be sure to check with the carrier or you could be charged for excess baggage..And it is expensive..

ie: American Airlines Domestic (within the US) baggage restrictions are: 2 pieces of checked baggage per person..Each piece of luggaage should not to exceed 62 inches (length+width+height) and 50 LBS. plus one carry on not to exceed 45 inches & 40 LBS per person..

American's International Weight Baggage restrictions is a Max of 70 LBS per person..

I too have a tendancy to overpack (6-7 pairs of shoes) & my Dh always complains about it..On our last 21 day cruise our checked luggage consisted of one 29inch, one 26 inch, one large hanging bag for the two of us..In addition we each had our 21 inch rolling carry-on's..

And we still had clothes with us that we never wore!:o One of these day's I'll learn not to bring so much..LOL

The weight limit on NCL is 200 LB'S, according to NCL's WEB site..

How many suitcases can I bring?

Each person is allowed up to 200 pounds of personal luggage on board. However, if you are traveling by air, ask the airline if it has different restrictions. Airlines and NCL have limited liability for loss, so be sure all baggage and personal belongings are properly insured. Suitcases should be securely locked and tagged. You should hand-carry medication, jewelry or other valuables and important documents. Unquote

Most Airlines have weight/size restrictions for both Domestic & International flights.. Be sure to check with the carrier or you could be charged for excess baggage..And it is expensive..

ie: American Airlines Domestic (within the US) baggage restrictions are: 2 pieces of checked baggage per person..Each piece of luggaage should not to exceed 62 inches (length+width+height) and 50 LBS. plus one carry on not to exceed 45 inches & 40 LBS per person..

American's International Weight Baggage restrictions is a Max of 70 LBS per person..

I too have a tendancy to overpack (6-7 pairs of shoes) & my Dh always complains about it..On our last 21 day cruise our checked luggage consisted of one 29inch, one 26 inch, one large hanging bag for the two of us..In addition we each had our 21 inch rolling carry-on's..

And we still had clothes with us that we never wore!:o One of these day's I'll learn not to bring so much..LOL

Thanks! I remember reading about the luggage but for some reason I thought I read 80 lbs. silly me. :rolleyes: I already know I'll probably be bringing enough for a 21 day cruise! :D

shoreguy,

I'll be one of those people who trips and falls all over the place because of all the HUGE suitcases I'll be lugging on board. Also, i'll be the one the crew is talking about for giving them backaches. :eek:

Thanks! I remember reading about the luggage but for some reason I thought I read 80 lbs. silly me. :rolleyes: I already know I'll probably be bringing enough for a 21 day cruise! :D

shoreguy,

I'll be one of those people who trips and falls all over the place because of all the HUGE suitcases I'll be lugging on board. Also, i'll be the one the crew is talking about for giving them backaches. :eek:

Why not get 2 reasonable sized suitcases, 50 lbs each. Good for you good for the crew :) No neeed for high end a couple of close out bags for crusing from Walmart work.

They go from the car, to the cart, to the cage, to the elevator, to under the bed. I have my quality bags for busines travel and they have survived 100s of trips. My large cruise bags were a close out at Macys for $39 :cool:

I actually thought of that. With the amount of my suitcases my parents have in the attic, I could have a close out sale! :eek: I think I might bring a medium sized, another medium sized, and a carry on, and then an empty bag of some sort for things I buy. Thanks for the suggestion!

I actually thought of that. With the amount of my suitcases my parents have in the attic, I could have a close out sale! :eek: I think I might bring a medium sized, another medium sized, and a carry on, and then an empty bag of some sort for things I buy. Thanks for the suggestion!

I have a canvas bag or you can use one of the nylon bags that I pack. It can be used for shore excursions and as an emergancy carry off if you buy to much stuff.

Keep in mind when you return you can pack most of the stuff from your carry on in the checked bags, freeing up space for the things you collect along the way.

Why not get 2 reasonable sized suitcases, 50 lbs each. Good for you good for the crew :) No neeed for high end a couple of close out bags for crusing from Walmart work.

They go from the car, to the cart, to the cage, to the elevator, to under the bed. I have my quality bags for busines travel and they have survived 100s of trips. My large cruise bags were a close out at Macys for $39 :cool:

Wow..Thought I got a good deal..Last week purchased a 29" piece at 60% off for $80.00 (orig. $199) in Beall's..Never even thought about Macy's..:o

Always shopped in Macy's or Fortunoff's when we lived up north..However, When we moved to the West Coast of Fla. there was no Macy's.:( Now Macy's bought out Burdines & is here to stay..

I better start looking for their sales..

I have a canvas bag or you can use one of the nylon bags that I pack. It can be used for shore excursions and as an emergancy carry off if you buy to much stuff.

Keep in mind when you return you can pack most of the stuff from your carry on in the checked bags, freeing up space for the things you collect along the way.

Wow....you're good shoreguy. I would have never thought of that (or if I did it'd be during the cruise). That's a really good idea..I can put my clothes I put in my carry on for the first day in my suitcase to free up space. Thanks again..you're a lifesaver!

Archived