Leak in our cabin on the Star

Water leaks are tricky to find and repair, so maybe they wanted to wait until the cabin would be empty. Rarely is the leak where you see the water coming from and if it is the window seal, the window will probably have to be completely removed and re-set. Not something that would be comfortable to live with while you are in the cabin.

We had a leak in a DOS on the Pearl because the bulk head door wasn't sealing tight enough but they did bring in dryers to help.

Unfortunately there probably wasn't much they could do at sea. Did the leak occur going into or back from Bermuda? If going to Bermuda I would hope they would have fixed it while in port. And it's not like you can open the balcony door to help air it out since there isn't a balcony.

What did they do to fix the problem or were you stuck with wet furniture the whole time? Hope you had a good cruise otherwise.

Water leaks are tricky to find and repair, so maybe they wanted to wait until the cabin would be empty. Rarely is the leak where you see the water coming from and if it is the window seal, the window will probably have to be completely removed and re-set. Not something that would be comfortable to live with while you are in the cabin.

Yes, that would be uncomfortable. I was told that they have been trying to replace the windows but the cabin is always booked.

Wow, I hope they fix this soon. I would imagine that mold is going to start growing if they don't fix it. Some people, myself included, are very sensitive to mold. I wonder if it spread to 12016, we're booked in that room at the end of July.

I hope it didn't ruin any of your items.

Whenever, we had problems (3 times) on a cruise ship (over30 cruises) we kept a log of times and dates we called the ship personal to fix the problems. If the problem was not solve we then contacted the home office for a solution. They usually offer a future cruise credit. But we always weigh the value of what we paid for the cruise, and if got our dollar value, we would only inform them of the problem and ask for nothing.

I have heard nightmare stories from an engineering side about those cabins that were added where the old lounge was. Quick work means not the same level of quality you will find in the other rooms.

But wouldn't the windows have to be water-tight even if it was "just" a lounge? It seems that it's not an issue with the construction as much as with the maintenance.

• 4 weeks later...

My two sisters and I were booked into 12018 on Sept. 16, but NCL called a couple of days ago and moved us to a different room because of maintenance on the room. I am so sorry you had a problem, but it appears is will be addressed.

Hello,

We just returned from a cruise on the Star and the when it rained the window in our suite leaked. The carpet, sofa, and curtains were drenched. Has anyone ever experienced this before?

That was AWFUL for all of you my dear! Shoot me an email when you have a chance!!!

Natalie

Yes, i got upgraded to another suite and after researching that particular suite number, i nearly had a cow...there is a thread on that....8172....it seems that NCL has sleeping cabins for people in certain suites because the noise from below is insane....bingo, music, vibrations from the bass.....so i was given yet another suite...better than 8172 for sure....yes, as soon as my final payment went in, this all happened....i was not a happy camper....

Yes, i got upgraded to another suite and after researching that particular suite number, i nearly had a cow...there is a thread on that....8172....it seems that NCL has sleeping cabins for people in certain suites because the noise from below is insane....bingo, music, vibrations from the bass.....so i was given yet another suite...better than 8172 for sure....yes, as soon as my final payment went in, this all happened....i was not a happy camper....

Good thing you did we were in one of the suites on deck 8 and it was horrible.

Archived