Epic or Breakaway?

Sparkygirl

We are sailing our first cruise on the Sky in September with our 21 month old. Looking at booking Jan 2014 just after she turns 3 using the cruise certificate we purchase in September.

The epic we need to fly, breakaway is driving distance. Epic goes eastern carribean 7 day that we can afford.

Breakaway 7 day is Florida and Nassau with we will already have done on the Sky in our price range. The Bermuda cruises are out of our budget on breakaway.

Do I do a modified back to back cruise epic on Jan 4 from miami turn around and cruise breakaway 2 day MLK weekend? It's a federal holiday do we could do that.

That time of year in the Northeast, I'd vote for flying to Miami and a caribbean itinerary, rather than driving from Baltimore to New York and then doing a florida/bahamas itinerary. You get more sunshine time that way! :)

I'd skip the 2 day add-on cruise from New York... too much packing and unpacking esp. with a small child... and it's winter weather... I'd put that towards your next cruise.

I see you've picked out NCL's 2 newest ships, are new ships a big draw for you? Just wondering if you've researched the Epic, she has some unusual layouts not found in the rest of the fleet... some like it, some don't.

I toss back and forth the Epic vs Breakaway. HOnestly, my big draw to either ship is the fact that my kids adore the waterslides! Probably not a big enough reason to pay the extra. The deals on the Gem seem a bit more appealing.

I agree with dwjoe. That time of year I would get to the south as quickly as possible and enjoy the weather as long as possible. While I plan to sail the Breakaway one day, I have a lot of love for the Epic and think you'd have a great time on either.

I would vote Breakaway. She sounds like a stunning ship, and you wouldn't have to fly. Yes, your first sea day would not be beach weather, but to me the savings in flights would make the difference.

Of course if the Gem is sailing the same itinerary as the Breakaway, for way less $, I'd vote Gem. She's a great ship.

Archived