Final Payment

globevest

I had thought that 'final payment' was required 90 days before cruise departure. I have just noticed that on the next two cruises we have booked, one in Dec 2012, which has final payment at 150 days before departure and the other Aug 2013 is 90 days. I have checked two cruises last year and they were both 90 days.

I will talk to my TA on Monday but I wondered if anyone here has had a similar experience and explanation. Thank you.

I had thought that 'final payment' was required 90 days before cruise departure. I have just noticed that on the next two cruises we have booked, one in Dec 2012, which has final payment at 150 days before departure and the other Aug 2013 is 90 days. I have checked two cruises last year and they were both 90 days.

I will talk to my TA on Monday but I wondered if anyone here has had a similar experience and explanation. Thank you.

Our 35 day cruise last December had to be paid 150 days prior. It is the length of the cruise that determines when payment is made. I asked my TA that question and that was the answer. Hope this helps and your TA should know the answer. Arlene;)

The date of final payment depends on the length of the cruise. When cruises are 20 days or longer, the final payment is due 150 days prior to sailing.

Shari

Sharicruz6

Is your December cruise over the holidays? Longer cruises and, I think, holiday cruises have an earlier final payment date.

Thank you all for your responses and explanation. Yes our Dec 2012 cruise is over New Year and it is a 20 day cruise. Our previous 'O' cruises have all been 10, 12 or 14 day.

If you have to pay earlier do they let you book the specialty dining rooms earlier? Seems fair to me.:)

How much earlier can one even think about making a dinner reservation?

As it is, the big Suites might start making them at nearly three months out.

• Owner's and Vista Suites may make reservations 90 days to 15 days prior to embarkation.
  • Penthouse Suites may make reservations 75 days to 15 days prior to embarkation.
  • Concierge Level Veranda staterooms may make reservations 60 days to 15 days prior to embarkation.
  • Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Staterooms may make reservations 45 days to 15 days prior to embarkation

Ours is over the holidays. I had seen the '150 days final payment due for holiday cruises', but my TA insists Oceania says it's not due until 90. Maybe the fact that it's only 16 nights?

The final payment date is reflected on your invoice.

Shari

Sharicruz6

How much earlier can one even think about making a dinner reservation?

As it is, the big Suites might start making them at nearly three months out.

• Owner's and Vista Suites may make reservations 90 days to 15 days prior to embarkation.
  • Penthouse Suites may make reservations 75 days to 15 days prior to embarkation.
  • Concierge Level Veranda staterooms may make reservations 60 days to 15 days prior to embarkation.
  • Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Staterooms may make reservations 45 days to 15 days prior to embarkation

Owner's, Vista's and Oceania Suites can also make their specialty dining reservations after final payment at 150 days on the longer sailings.

Shari

Sharicruz6

Archived