Rates for activities at Bannister Island

SomewhereBeyondTheSea

Does anyone know the cost to rent kayaks at Bannister Island? Are there any other activities there? Banana Boats or anything?

One other question if anyone has the information: I believe Carnival sets up the excursions in groups so you only spend a hald day on the Island. Does anyone know any other way or tour operator that will take you to Bannister for a full day...without snorkeling?

Thanks :-) Are there any other options aside from booking through the cruiseline? We are not interested in snorkeling at this port. :)

coralbreezetours dot com has excursions that include a stop at Bannister. Check their web site, I think Bannister is inclued only with other options and you may not get much time on the island.

As the previous poster said, snorkeling with Coral Breeze Tours is great !

We have been going with these guys twice a year for about 10 years now & as recently as 5/02 of this year, when Heni & her crew showed us a great snorkel trip. And the local lunch on Caye Caulker is hard to beat.

Check out their site for all of their info.

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

To me when we cruise, it is snorkel time, like at every port if available !

We live in sunny FL & the beach is only one block away & we visit & or see it almost daily, but no snorkeling here.

Bill in FL

It's a lot of fun, I agree. And it's a beautiful day out on the water. Do you find the seas rough in Belize? I was there one year in May, and the seas were very rough where we stopped to snorkle. We are traveling this time in December, and I would imagine they wouldn't be as calm.

We did the ship's tour to Bannister (added bonus is that they tender you right there, thus saving you tender time... if you book with Coral Breezes you'll have to tender into port, then go right back out).

Even though it was only a half day, I thought there was plenty of time... it's not a very big place. There was probably at least 3 1/2 hours of beach time. And yes, kayaks were free. Drinks and snacks were quite reasonably priced. We are considering going back next year, but I think I may want something with better snorkeling...

We did the ship's tour to Bannister (added bonus is that they tender you right there, thus saving you tender time... if you book with Coral Breezes you'll have to tender into port, then go right back out).

Even though it was only a half day, I thought there was plenty of time... it's not a very big place. There was probably at least 3 1/2 hours of beach time. And yes, kayaks were free. Drinks and snacks were quite reasonably priced. We are considering going back next year, but I think I may want something with better snorkeling...

I booked with the ship once as well, but I wish you had as much time as you would like. I'm not sure if it's worth it for just 1/2 day.

Archived