Navigator May 14th.. I have some questions!

I've been looking through these forums all week in anticipation of leaving for my second cruise. I do have a couple of questions:

Food? I hear it's good.. I hear it's bad? which one is it?:confused:

Suggestions.. are their any suggestions about what to do the first day at sea?:rolleyes:

Chair hogging and small pools... is this true?:eek:

I tried to find some of these answers in the forums, but I guess I'm looking for more direct answers!

Thanks for ANY input!

The food was great, remember that if you do not like something or even if you love what you are eating but also want to try what someone else has, ask. Of course, it is much easier and quicker for your server if you ask for multiples up front. When it comes to ordering the shrimp cocktail appetizer, make sure to always get two, one is just too small :)

The first day at sea make sure to recooperate from your first night at sea, providing you really enjoy yourself and try to find out which bar you like the most, which apparently was a rough way for me to start the voyage but went on to provide many a histerical story for our group. No details here, sorry, what happens on Navigator, stays on Navigator, haha. But you'll most likely want to get some sun and there are a ton of chairs, so don't worry, just be careful, a couple in our group went overboard the first day and paid the price the whole week from getting burned on the first sea day. So use a lot of lotion if you need it and avoid missing spots which got a few more in our group by day 3. Also, if you plan to hit the ice show, make sure to wake up early and get in line to get your preferred seating. Other than that, enjoy exploring around the ship and don't miss your M&M.

The small pools are small, there really isn't anything I would consider to be a big pool, but amazingly, most of the time they were not overcrowded as most people wanted to tan or move around; the jacuzzis would stay full most of the time, especially the ones that are shaded.

/slap

I've been looking through these forums all week in anticipation of leaving for my second cruise. I do have a couple of questions:

Suggestions.. are their any suggestions about what to do the first day at sea?:rolleyes:

I tried to find some of these answers in the forums, but I guess I'm looking for more direct answers!

Thanks for ANY input!

Hi jphilly25, we're on this sailing also. You should check out the rollcall for it on the rollcall boards. Also you might want to sign up for the meet and mingle. It's on Sun at 11:30 in the Cosmpolitan. You'll get alot of info off the rollcall. Capt Bang and TJ (his wife) will probably be at the meet and mingle.

Thanks for ANY input!

The food was good. I would say that the food ranged from good to very good with one or to great things and one or two ho-hum things. We also went to Chops and found that the food was very good and the service was not what we expected it would be. The waiters were joking with each other the whole time and we felt in the way.

The pools are smallish but I think there are very few big pools at sea because of the water weight. There are chairhogs but we were always able to find a chair in a spot we considered to be good.

On a sea day, I would use the hot-tubs, sit by the pool, maybe play some bingo (I think the first sea day is the win-a-free-cruise one) and just explore and relax. They have movies in the theatre, shopping talks and pool games, too. If you think you might want to rock climb, a sea day is a good time because the wall is open the most hours.

We sailed on the Navigator in March-we ate in the dining room every night and thought the food was great!! There was nothing that I had or my husband had that we did not thoroughly enjoy. One of the girls at our table one night said the pasta she had ordered was very bland and she asked for something different and they brought it out very quickly. Everything I ate either in the dining room or in the Windjammer was very good.

We were sailing during spring break so it was very busy and yes, there were some chair hogs. We are early risers so we had no problem. You can usually find a chair or two somewhere.

First day at sea we were sun lovers. We were very careful not to overdue it that first day=not like some-we saw a lot of lobsters the next day!!! We also used our crown and anchor coupons for the free wine tasting seminar. Since I am a wine lover we found it very interesting.

The Navigator is such a fun ship. We loved the CD-Ken Rush. Hope you have as much fun as we did. We met such nice people on this ship. We are going back on the Navigator next March with one of the couples we met at our dinner table.

Carol

Archived