French Quarter hotels booked already for January 26th 2013...Why

sam73

i am in the process of booking a cruise out of nola. it leaves january 27th. i just checked hotels in the french quarter and most of them are already booked..the one left are super expensive. does anyone know why? is there something going on? im looking at a cruise also out of Tampa so may have to chose that one.

Although Mardi Gras is FEB. 12th, parades will have already started. If you try the Holiday Inn in Gretna, it my be a lot cheaper, and is a good place to stay. You will be on the other side of the river, but you will only be about a 10-15 minute cab ride from the port and about a 20 minute cab ride to the quarter. I live in New Orleans, this was all I could find going on. If a big convention is in town, it has not posted yet.

Although Mardi Gras is FEB. 12th, parades will have already started. If you try the Holiday Inn in Gretna, it my be a lot cheaper, and is a good place to stay. You will be on the other side of the river, but you will only be about a 10-15 minute cab ride from the port and about a 20 minute cab ride to the quarter. I live in New Orleans, this was all I could find going on. If a big convention is in town, it has not posted yet.

Well, let's see. The 3rd. Superbowl is played here in new Orleans on Feb, 3rd. The town starts to fill up starting two weeks out..

i am in the process of booking a cruise out of nola. it leaves january 27th. i just checked hotels in the french quarter and most of them are already booked..the one left are super expensive. does anyone know why? is there something going on? im looking at a cruise also out of Tampa so may have to chose that one.

Try Galveston if NO and then Tampa doesn't work out!!!!!

Superbowl and Mardi Gras are happening that week. Mardi Gras is the week before Superbowl. That is the reason for the extremely high prices.

Archived