Marriot Gaslamp San Diego

ME Guide

I haven't stayed there as a guest, but I've been to Altitude (the sky bar on the roof) and visited friends who were staying there. The view from the roof is fantastic, whether you're looking down on Petco Park or out over the bay and Coronado to watch the sunset.

The rooms are typical Marriott rooms. There are plenty of restaurants and clubs within walking distance. You'll probably want to take a taxi to the pier as it's a rather long walk with luggage.

Caa and Rayjo..

thank you much for the information. We appreciate it. Looks like we might stay there prior to our Panama Cruise in October. We are happy to hear that it is within walking distance of restaurants and I think a CVS. We would like to purchase a couple of bottles of wine prior to boarding.

We are from Maine and this will be our first stay in San Diego.

Caa and Rayjo..

thank you much for the information. We appreciate it. Looks like we might stay there prior to our Panama Cruise in October. We are happy to hear that it is within walking distance of restaurants and I think a CVS. We would like to purchase a couple of bottles of wine prior to boarding.

We are from Maine and this will be our first stay in San Diego.

We are from Maine also. Wells.

This hotel puts you in an EXCELLENT location to enjoy San Diego...Petco Park--the San Diego Padres' stadium, is right across the street--so there are a number of restaurants in the immediate vicinity...

Just to the north of you is the "Gaslamp Quarter"...San Diego's classic shopping, restaurant and nightlife area...NExt to that, between G and Broadway and 1st and 4th is the Horton Plaza, an architectural award winning shopping mall...a few blocks up Harbor drive on the bayfront is the cutesy "Seaport Village"...

With luggage, you will need a cab to the ship...but it';s a fairly short cab ride...about 12-15 blocks...

Have fun...

Archived