Dyea dave question

pablo312

At the lunch stop in the bakery in Carcross, where do you meet the Dyea Dave bus for the return trip to Skagway? We took a tour with Shelby, and I am trying to determine if there a miscommunication or an intentional misdirection.

At the lunch stop in the bakery in Carcross, where do you meet the Dyea Dave bus for the return trip to Skagway? We took a tour with Shelby, and I am trying to determine if there a miscommunication or an intentional misdirection.

On our tour we stopped in Carcross at the bakery/store for a snack but not the full lunch. He parked right out in front and we loaded up. We had some time to kind of explore and then we went to lunch very shortly after at another place. There was another van but they staggered the lunch arrangements in order not to overload the small place we were eating. I believe we went to lunch first then Mirror lake and they went to Mirror lake and then lunch. Not sure this helps you.

We took the Dyea Dave Tour to Emerald Lake a couple of weeks ago. We stopped at carcross and Shelby let us off to explore the little town on our own. We mostly all ended up at that lovely bakery for lunch; could not believe the size of the cinnamon buns!! And the sandwiches were on homemade bread; so big that my husband and I were able to share one. We were told to meet her in front of the pink building -- I believe it was the general store at a certain time. Everyone was there on time. Did you misunderstand? Did you finally meet up with the group? Were you the only ones who had that problem? Perhaps her directions were unclear that day. We had no complaints at all about that tour.

Thank you for responding to my post.

Snookie, we obviously misunderstood her instructions. We thought the bus was going to be in the small parking area on the side of the bakery. We were able to meet up with the bus which was parked by the General store.

Archived