Comparing Food and Service

Luv1204

I've sailed Celebrity 6 times now and Royal three times and I don't really notice much difference in the food. In the MDR you get the standard, steak, chicken, seafood and pasta- traditional on any cruise. The specialty restaurants have more gourmet food on both lines.

The buffet dining I thought was better on Royal in terms of options and the desserts on Royal are WAY better.

To me, cruise food is good and I appreciate not having to cook, being waited on and not having to do dishes- so I'm happy. If you are looking for Gourmet- you need to do the specialty restaurants- regardless of what cruise line you sail.

I haven't tried Qsine yet on Celebrity and am excited to try it but its is 40 per person extra.

As the above posters have said, food is very subjective. We do love the food on Celebrity and especially in Blu, the specialty restaurant for Aqua Class guests. I believe choices on Oasis Class ships are greater, but I have not sailed one yet. The service on Celebrity is indeed excellent. We have never walked by any staff member without receiving a "hello" and all of our needs are taken care of before we can even ask. What is also amazing is that staff from one cruise to the next remember us, sometimes by name, even if it is a year later. Those are two reasons why we always sail Celebrity and Azamara.

Hope this helps

Archived