How's the weather in Cozumel/Costa Maya in December?

I'm thinking about booking a cruise Dec 10 but I'm wondering how the weather will be at the above listed locations during Decemeber. Any information will help!!! Thanks

I went a few years ago on 11/15 to Cozumel. It was too cold to get in the water. A cold front came through. Same with hurricane season, you take your chances. It also rained almost the whole time. I was soooooo glad we were cruising, otherwise the vacation would have been a bust. We had so much fun doing all the activities we usually miss out on because we're sunning on deck! So, it wasn't all bad. And we were able to shop in Cozumel without sweating our butts off. (it was barely warm enough for shorts)

Been to Cozumel the last four Xmas. The weather in general was in the low 80's for highs. One out of the four was in the low 70's for a high and the low was 68 with a stout north wind. All the locals were dressed in coats. It was so funny.

One useful thing is to go to the weather channel homepage (http://www.weather.com) and type in Cozumel, Mexico as the city you are searching for. Look around a bit on Cozumel's weather page and there will be something about averages/records. This will bring you to a page that shows averages for either months or specific days & rainfall averages. It's a good way to figure out in advance what weather is GENERALLY like in any place you are going - there's always exceptions of course.

Archived