Spa Tip

CRUISE4JANE

Carnival doesnt include it in the price. My wife was told at least a half dozen times that tip wasn't included. Then they try to hard-sell you on products. I'm glad my wife is strong enough to say no to all of it, including the gratuity.

Carnival doesnt include it in the price. My wife was told at least a half dozen times that tip wasn't included. Then they try to hard-sell you on products. I'm glad my wife is strong enough to say no to all of it, including the gratuity.

No tip either? nevermind, dont want to start that, different thread.

When I got a massage on Disney, on my intake form I wrote "no sales please" and not a word was mentioned about the product upsell. Wonder if you can do that on Carny.

No tip either? nevermind, dont want to start that, different thread.

When I got a massage on Disney, on my intake form I wrote "no sales please" and not a word was mentioned about the product upsell. Wonder if you can do that on Carny.

Yes, when I got a massage on Carnival I also wrote "no sales please, I've only come to relax" - not one peep to try to sell me on anything.

I tip using my sign & sail card.

Yes, when I got a massage on Carnival I also wrote "no sales please, I've only come to relax" - not one peep to try to sell me on anything.

I tip using my sign & sail card.

Thank you for this advice. I received a spa pedicure on- ship once and loved it, but the obvious hard sell I was subjected to during the last half of my otherwise perfect pedi/foot massage GREATLY diminished the experience. Though I left a great tip, I left the spa feeling guilty for not buying product. The salesgirl, oops... I mean the Spa employee.... Was obviously not happy that I didn't purchase the four products that she felt I 'needed'.

Had it not been for the sales approach... I would have left feeling relaxed with a smile on my face (and beautiful feet!)

In fact- this experience has kept me out of the spa since.

THAT is a great idea!!! I never even thought of that :rolleyes: I will do this next time I use the spa services.

As others have mentioned, I just add tip to the receipt when I sign it. There is a line for it.

ALso.....I just wanted to mention because this came as a surprise to me the first time I had a massage.....when you sign there will actually be 2 receipts for you to sign. One is a record for the ship and one is for the company that runs the spa. You only see one charge on you S&S account. If this has changed I am sure someone will chime in

Archived