Beach help please

jenjes3

Hi ..still can't decide where to "beach it".. We have narrowed it down to Accra/ Rockley.. or Brandon Beach/Weisers.... Any comments or suggestions.. want nice beach with drinks and chairs.. calm waters .... and not to far from cruise terminal.. Thanks for your help..

Also Enterprise/Miami???

We paid $59US/person for the ship's excursion, "South Coast Beach Break". We could have probably got our own taxi for half of that. Our taxi/shuttle took us to "Sandy Beach". Absolutely beautiful! Lounge chair rental was $5US each for the day, and umbrellas were available, but we didn't get one so I couldn't tell you the cost. The sand was white, and as soft as flour. The water had very mild surf, and was a perfect aquamarine color. Not crowded at all, considering we had 2 ships in port. Public restrooms and showers were available at no cost on the beach, and a good size restaurant/bar was right on the beach as well.

I recommend exchanging your currency for the local currency ($2BDS = $1US) before buying anything, as I perceived the locals "feel you out" to see if they can get an extra dollar out of you. If you ask the price in Barbados Dollars, they think you've been on the island awhile and treat you better...my perception at least. If you don't have time to go to the bank and exchange your money, just ask the price in Barbados Dollars, and give them half that in US dollars...they can't argue that!

I want to say that the beach was roughly 20-25 minutes from the Bridgetown Cruise Terminal. Here's the link to my photo album, find the picture of me in a tie-dyed shirt next to a palm tree...that's the beach, check out the pictures in the 14th row down too.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c...f&x=0&y=-a26o8q

Archived