Harv and Marv?

Ghengis Klown

Been with them twice, and sent my daughter and her hubby with them on her honeymoon. Contact them directly, as they're an independent tour provider and don't work through the ship.

I don't know what information you're looking for, but they use small "6-pack" boats (6 passengers + the captain), and have one slightly larger one that they will get out for larger families if needed. The boats are comfortable and do have a bathroom onboard if you need, but they strongly encourage you to use the bathroom at the harbor before boarding the ship, and I haven't had to use it.

We've had wonderful times both times we went with them. Our last time was on 5/22, and we saw so many whales I honestly lost track. The first time we went out with Jay, and this last time we went with Steve. Both of them were great captains, with lots of information about whales -- and both of them did an excellent job of taking us to the areas where the whales were. This last time was especially great, as we ended up finding four whales in the same area feeding, and we were the only boat in the area watching them for most of the time.

If there's anything specific you want to know, I'll be happy to answer.

I've got multiple pictures posted that on my webshots account (link below). Just a couple of pictures from our last trip to whet your appetite:

The first whale tail we spotted. I was so thrilled to FINALLY get a picture of a tail. Before I'd always missed them and just got the splash.

2926460000060502137S600x600Q85.jpg

2847767750060502137S600x600Q85.jpg

2357996390060502137S600x600Q85.jpg

Double tails!

2353046150060502137S600x600Q85.jpg

Another big thumbs up for Harv and Marvs. Have gone whale watching with them twice - 2008 and 2010 - both trips were fantastic! I've recommended them to friends and family who have used them and been equally pleased. They have one 12 passenger boat and the rest are 6 passenger boats. Yes, there is a small bathroom on board. They provide snacks (cookies, granola bars, chips, etc.) and beverages (water and soda). Plenty of room for inside viewing, outside bow viewing and outside aft viewing. We always take our own binoculars, but theirs (free to use while on the excursion) are amazing! Tried to do a switch when we were disembarking the boat, but Jay (Marv) said no....sigh....;).

Would highly recommend them.

Been with them twice, and sent my daughter and her hubby with them on her honeymoon. Contact them directly, as they're an independent tour provider and don't work through the ship.

Took this tour with H&M a couple weeks ago......... LOVED it!

We just went with them last week. Our captain was great too (though I can't remember his name) He previously was captain on a fishing boat and recently moved to whale watching. We saw humpbacks, seals, orcas, eagles and more. 6 passenger boat plus captain - it was our family of 3 plus another couple and the captain. Never used the restroom but there is one onboard.

Took lots of photos but only a couple turned out well. ute_fan - yours are great. Can I borrow them? LOL!

I think you can't go wrong booking them and we too booked directly and paid up front without any hesitations.

Took lots of photos but only a couple turned out well. ute_fan - yours are great. Can I borrow them? LOL!

Mine didn't turn out well the first time either. We've since upgraded to a Canon DSLR camera, and a big part of the reason we decided to spend the money was because I was so frustrated the first time we went at getting only splashes instead of tails.

They're on webshots. If there's anything you want to borrow, you're welcome.

Mine didn't turn out well the first time either. We've since upgraded to a Canon DSLR camera, and a big part of the reason we decided to spend the money was because I was so frustrated the first time we went at getting only splashes instead of tails.

They're on webshots. If there's anything you want to borrow, you're welcome.

Thanks!! My son didn't go with us and he has a great Nikon camera with all the bells and whistles. He gets home from his trip tomorrow night and I have to show him my photos and compare (he went to Zion, Bryce Canyon and the Grand Canyon with his Boy Scout Troop) Maybe I can impress him a bit... but will eventually tell him the truth! Your shot of the double tales as great... perfectly in unison!

Have a little story about whale picture shooting:

The first time we went was in San Diego and saw the humpbacks (I think?)....on a sailing yacht....so everyone was trying hard to take pics as they came up and down....well first though the crew member since we hadn't seen any...leaned out the front and said "here whaley whaley".....lo and behold one came up 50 feet in front...and scared him badly...he had been kidding around! but back to pictures....the boat was rocking a lot up and down so when they shot it was sky or water....one guy says I marvel now at Jacques Cousteau!!!! and applaud him...everyone finally got it "down" to take the pic just as the "nose" or part showed no waiting allowed snap and shoot....then some marvelous pics!

Loved those of yours! Can't wait....!

Lou

Thanks!! My son didn't go with us and he has a great Nikon camera with all the bells and whistles. He gets home from his trip tomorrow night and I have to show him my photos and compare (he went to Zion, Bryce Canyon and the Grand Canyon with his Boy Scout Troop) Maybe I can impress him a bit... but will eventually tell him the truth! Your shot of the double tales as great... perfectly in unison!

I hope your son didn't melt! I live in Utah, and it's been dry/windy/and extremely low humidity here the past couple of weeks. We were so lucky with those double tails. There were 4 whales feeding in the area, and they decided to tandem dive for us. Two went, and then the other two.

We were also lucky in that it was VERY calm. The water was almost glassy, so we weren't fighting that up and down motion that can make it very hard to get good pictures.

Archived