Must do's in Quebec City

We will be in Quebec City overnite on September 12-13th. What time is sunset so that we can plan our evening? Planning on visiting the upper and lower town with a carriage ride. A visit to the falls and on to the church. Anything else we should include in our list

Thanks

Dave

According to http://www.sunrisesunset.com/Canada/ sunset will be just after 7pm that day.

I would always, always recommend that anyone visiting Quebec City take the ferry across to Levis - even if you don't get off and walk up the hill on the other side you'll get great views of the city skyline; if you are able to head up the hill the view only gets better.

It's been a while so I can't swear the food has remained excellent, but we also had a great dinner on a couple of occasions in L'Intimiste - very much a locals kind of place rather than a tourist trap, which there are all too many of in the Disney-esque area around Chateau Frontenac.

According to http://www.sunrisesunset.com/Canada/ sunset will be just after 7pm that day.

I would always, always recommend that anyone visiting Quebec City take the ferry across to Levis - even if you don't get off and walk up the hill on the other side you'll get great views of the city skyline; if you are able to head up the hill the view only gets better.

It's been a while so I can't swear the food has remained excellent, but we also had a great dinner on a couple of occasions in L'Intimiste - very much a locals kind of place rather than a tourist trap, which there are all too many of in the Disney-esque area around Chateau Frontenac.

Thanks for the link! Any suggestions for the evening

Dave

It is a magical city. Just wander around and absorb.

If you have the money and interest take a tour in a horse and buggy. This might be fun in the evening. http://www.calechesquebec.com/en/

For incredible fine dining, try the place we go to each time we stop in Quebec: Le Partriarche: http://www.lepatriarche.com/en/index_en.html

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g155033-d1210543-Reviews-Le_Patriarche-Quebec_City_Quebec.html

I'm on the same page as the other posters above - just wander around and soak up the ambience of the old city for a bit. Even if you've already gone to Notre Dame during the day, the sound & light show after dark is worth returning for.

The link you provided is for Motre Dame in Montreal. Is there something similar you were thinking of in Quebec City?

My apologies - total brainfart! Visited Montreal recently and must have conflated the destinations... The sound & light show in Quebec City is at the Musée du fort

It's not as large-scale as the Montreal one I'm afraid, it's an indoor one that uses a scale model of the old city to show the sieges the city endured over the years. If your party has more of an interest in military history than religious it might be preferable (and of course, being indoors the time of day you visit isn't important!).

My apologies - total brainfart! Visited Montreal recently and must have conflated the destinations... The sound & light show in Quebec City is at the Musée du fort

It's not as large-scale as the Montreal one I'm afraid, it's an indoor one that uses a scale model of the old city to show the sieges the city endured over the years. If your party has more of an interest in military history than religious it might be preferable (and of course, being indoors the time of day you visit isn't important!).

Thanks for the information. This sounds like something we might like to do.

• 4 weeks later...
We will be in Quebec City overnite on September 12-13th. What time is sunset so that we can plan our evening? Planning on visiting the upper and lower town with a carriage ride. A visit to the falls and on to the church. Anything else we should include in our list

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave.

Enjoy this trip. We are doing the 14 day B2B Boston-Quebec on NCL Dawn next year, and I am beginning the planning. We did Alaska this summer with Celebrity.

I saw on the Baltics boards that at least one ship bypassed St. Petersburg because of the high winds, rough seas. Glad that did not happen to us last June.

All the best.

Hi Dave.

Enjoy this trip. We are doing the 14 day B2B Boston-Quebec on NCL Dawn next year, and I am beginning the planning. We did Alaska this summer with Celebrity.

I saw on the Baltics boards that at least one ship bypassed St. Petersburg because of the high winds, rough seas. Glad that did not happen to us last June.

All the best.

Hi Bob: I saw your post under Canada. Glad to see that we are continuing to cruise. Congratulations on the B2B next year. I am trying to get as many cruises in before I am to old. Still want to do British Isles and Australia/New Zealand. Maybe next year.

Good to talk to you again

Dave

Archived