NCL Port Play

Adian80

We are considering our first cruise on NCL and this will also be the first time we will take our children with us. During one of the days my 8 year old and Husband are going to do an excursion without my 4 year old and I (they will be doing cave tubing an zipline and I know that the 4 year old will hate every minute of it.) My questions is how does Port Play work? I am considering a massage/spa treatment during that time and was wondering how much it costs. This is what the NCL website says:

Is there anything offered for children when the ship is docked in port?

Yes, Norwegian offers Port Play, a group-sitting, free service for children ages 3-12 years old. A minimal fee is charged only during meal times. Port Play is run by the Youth Staff in the Splash Academy Facility.

Hours of Operation

Port Day: Arrival into Port – Departure from Port

Overnight In Port: Arrival in Port – 8 pm

Fees

$6.00 per child/per hour

The fee is charged to your on-board account. Parents are encouraged to sign up in advance.

I guess I am confused because it say's it's free except meal times, but states $6 per hour. What time do the meal times run?

Thanks so much for you help!

I *think* this has changed recently. When I got off my Gem cruise I was complaining about the prices for port play and I went to NCL directly to ask why they charged for port days when no one else did. Then, when the press releases came out for splash academy I noticed the wording change for port play.

I don't think they charge for port days anymore. Except, as it says, if your child is there during meals times.

So I guess if you would leave the ship and keep your child there through dinner then they would charge for the dinner hours. I haven't tested this out yet - I will get clarification on our next cruise ;) but it may be too late for you.

Archived